|

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Misadventures Of The Genocydal Maniac - Episode I: The USS Virus Attacks

The Misadventures Of The Genocydal Maniac
Episode I: The USS Virus Attacks

I'd been talking about it ever since I'd first read through the blog. What fun it would be to scoop everyone on this story...including Dateline.

Fred had a message to get out there and I had a scheduled show for tonight. What an advantage! This would be one hell of a story to be certain! Thankfully, Fred agreed to do it on such short notice. I had had the computer running for days on end. When I wasn't blogging or running around listening to music or whatever, I'd been falling asleep to DVDs on this contraption. It ran tirelessly. Like a goddamned sentinel, it stood true and ran program time and again without a break.

I was too close to doing the show now, no turning back. Soon, I'd ponder this rotten state and figure out what, once and for all, I'd do to compensate.

Cru was in quite the state, his exhaustion taking over and his frustration taking hold. His Disciples of Rock show took a horrid turn and his vibrations became nasty. But why? Had we, as DJs reduced ourselves to animal ferocity? Was I speaking? Did they hear me? Still, the listener count came up slowly, steadily.

My Impyrial Propagandists, Anuan and Felix began a maddening scramble to get listeners on the air. These weren't just some dingbats I'd found on the net, man. These were kids with true grit. Goading, prodding and plain annoying the piss out of anyone who refused. These two were evidently not taking no for an answer. Fred's vibrations had already taken over my diligent crew as they passed along my spamming of the lists to spamming their lists. My friend Steve knew the importance of this show and began piping it through ShoutCast channels. He'd relate to me that by the end of the night, the computer through which he'd piped it had begun lagging due to the high volume of listeners.

Then, it happened, the countdown came and went and the sounds of Faith And The Muse "Cantus" engulfed the airwaves. Like some cinematic chaos of Biblical proportions, the song raged on being followed by my remix of The Imperial March. Through it all, Fred was on the phone, eagerly awaiting. I sensed his desire to finally get through the show's intros and get to the heart of this story.

Finally, the station ID rolled through and the sounds of 6Bit's "Crucifixion Experiment" instrumental came...that was my cue. Time to be about the job now. I made the introductions that were necessary and then finally, came Fred. I was thankful that I had not posted this particular playlist. Pantera, The Mercy Cage and Inkubus Sukkubus had to be weeded out to make room for more music to talk over as Fred venomously addressed the issues. His timing was like magick as he ended the first part with, "Everytime I had a door slammed in my face it made me that much more angry to the point where I said, 'enough is enough and I'm not going to take this anymore!'" Well put, I thought. Drive and determination personafied and what a great lead in to the song by Hatebreed "I Will Be Heard."

I found myself wishing Tammi could be hearing this live. She would have had a field day with this one. It would be her I'd have to think for valuing the opinion of an unstable, unhinged Maniac with delusions of grandeur for pointing me in this direction...and all it took was a blog. I began to wonder as the songs tore through, with menacing voracity, if she'd realized that what she'd created by combining a Living Middle Finger such as I with the Drive and Determination unparalelled of one like Fred Brito, was not just a monster...but a living breathing Fuck You Cannon!

The set went through and the next bit came up. I called Fred again and put him back on the air, again making musical room for him to talk. Not that the man was longwinded, but he had much to say. Much that two hours was not going to cover alone. I knew I had a show next week and this time, it would be more prepared...better prepared! Fred attacked the issues. The cracks in the system were exposed and I, of course, pointed out that our own complacent consent had gotten us into this mess.

Fred's interview pieces rocked solid and what's more, this 50-year-old man found himself lost in the raucous mayhem and madness that was my musical selection.

I closed out my show with a small bit of my opinion and then found myself with a playlist that was short. I adjusted it and the....the horrible exhaustion on this computer system's taxed RAM took it's toll. The internet connection to the DSL failed. I had to shut down and reboot, causing my SAM2 to stop encoding and begin again, cutting the show into two pieces. Goddammit!

I did finish out the show, though...a tad extended. T-Dubb hadn't come up for his show. Going over was not a problem. No one objected. Had it been a problem, I'm sure someone would have said something. Finally, I dropped the station after the KMFDM "WWIII"/Matrix outro.

Fred, meanwhile, was still going manic, locked into some mad discussion with me.

"With music as good as this," he said, "Who has time to sleep?"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....had he only known my hard drive. The man would drive himself into the bitter arms of madness with the intensity that lurked within it. The scores of songs of death, destruction, mayhem, madness, evil, and euphoria are enough to drive anyone insane if they're not ready for it.

The show is over now. Part one is finished and Fred has his Date with the Dateline people. Good luck with that. My TV has no antenna...it won't catch a signal or else, I'd watch myself. I'm certain though, that I haven't missed a damned thing. I'm now part of this story. It would be dangerous not to ride this strange torpedo to it's end for good or ill. Now, I have a job to do...exploit the cracks in the system, Get Fred all over Krush Radio. This story will be told for all to hear and soon, this mess will have crawled out from whatever ghastly rug under which it had been swept.

Now, there's no stopping this. This isn't some machine...this is now an endurance contest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Damzll In distress said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Damzll In distress said...

I liked your message so well, I copied it and pasted it to my Blog.

Check it out. freddrickbrito.blogspot.com

Awesome to work with you Damien... YOU are the man, and YOU REALLY DO KNOW HOW TO ROCK. You are Killer dude....

I am PR-ING KRUSHRADIO BIG TIME for Part Two... as soon as you know the date... I will BLAST this to ALL.

Your the Man Brutha....Be STRONG!

FRED BRITO
aequalitas@gmail.com

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home