|

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

To MySpace Blog: "Dosvidanija Tovarisch!"

This Went Out To Everyone On My MySpace Blogs. My Open Letter To Fans!!!!


To All My Faithful Subscribers And My Deeply Disturbed Following,

I know this is gonna suck but this blog, for the most part, will now only be reserved for Playlists when I have a show I know is gonna come up. Like tonight's show. I have a show tonight. That's right. So you'll get your playlists here all the time.

See, I've run into problems with this particular blogging tool. First, it doesn't have a shelf-life. You spend too much time with this fuckin window open and guess what? Your shit goes to hell because if you didn't copy the blog or save it somewhere, then the login screen comes up. If you have spent more than thirty minutes writing a blog here and you didn't save it, it's gone forever and it leaves you so frustrated that you just get pissed off. Second, all the goddamned myspace errors. When the almighty error pops up, forget your blog. It could have been your blogging masterpiece...gone in the blink of one digital eye or by Tom pissing the Gods Of The Electron Stream off. Your blog, lost in some great internet aether. Third, there's the way around the first two problems....compose in notepad but then the copy/paste feature isn't very quick or user-friendly. You MUST use HTML after doing it or you'll spend hours trying to separate your shit and then IF you remember to make it to remembering that people can't really read that small-ass default type that Tom so graciously put this fuckin thing in, you might actually up the size to soemething where you don't need a jeweler's monocle to read the shit.

There's much more that goes along with my reasons for abandoning this fuckin thing but I can't remember it all right off the top of my head but here's the main reason....I like feedback from readers. MySpace users can give me all the feedback they want and while anyone can read it, only the MySpace users can give me the feedback. Fuck That! I Like My Feedback and no one should HAVE to sign up for this shit if they don't want to on my account.

http://thegenocydalempyre.blogspot.com

This is where I'll be henceforth. Blogging my weasely black heart out. If I can come up with any new Episodes for The Genocydal Empyre that's where I'll be posting them. Right now, though, it's serving as a mechanism for conveying the truth, humor, rants, etc. I really don't have a lotta time to rant on my show. To be honest in some ways, I just don't really feel the need to do it. I feel that that kinda thing is more effective in print and if I have time sure I'll belt one out there. Doc knows about the NWO and he understands my desire to bring it to the attention of one and all but let's face it, kids, sometimes, there just isn't enough time in two hours to do that yanno?

It's time constraints mostly, people. Not that I wanna cut it all out but The Genocydal Empyre v2.0 is not a rehash. When I couldn't do it because of some tyrant's mandate, that was one thing but when I can't because of time constraints, hey, I'll liberate the world through music. I've found plenty of bands wanting to expose the truth to the world and I liberate your minds through the music. People, bear with me. The show's been reworked a bit and things are happening to change its face forever. Everything you love about The Genocydal Empyre is still there. Rebelling against authority when it's appropriate, railing for truth vs. The Official Story, all of it. The offbeat, the music, the strange and the insane...it's all still there but I've had to find ways to compensate for some things and I've done that gladly. Why? Total Creative Freedom. Doc never laid down any rules governing my show save the time limits and checking in before and asking permission to take up the stream during Non-stop rock or going over or whatever....the common sense shit I'd do anyway. Everyone at Krush has treated me like family. A Few at HTP did that and I still talk with them but the Crew Of HTP wasn't that cohesive. Total Support, Total Creative Freedom and even though I know Doc trusts my judgment at every turn, I'm still apt to give him a heads up for something I think could benefit the whole station. I couldn't have asked for better. Sure I'd like a more solid schedule. Sure I'd like more than the time I have to do rants but the truth is I'm willing to sacrifice the audio rant in favor of the written one for the sheer sake of saving myself from burnout. That's what happened last time. HTP became a chore, a job and it wasn't fun anymore after a certain point. I was given the choice...put up or shut up. I've never been one to shut up and I'm on Krush now so you know what that means.

I've had fun posting blogs to this. Really, I have but now it's time to move on to something more user friendly that will allow feedback from all. So go check out the new blog. Sure it doesn't come with this nifty webpage but hell, nothing and no one is perfect, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home