|

Friday, November 04, 2005

Where You Going, City Boy?!

I've come to accept certain things in life. Sometimes, bad things happen to you. Sometimes, people take advantage of you. Sometimes, people use you to better themselves...and then they'll fuck you over once the heat's on them. I've come to accept those things. I've even come to expect them to happen.

That, however will not stop me from shithammering the assholes who do dumb shit like that. Now it's one thing to do it to The Genocydal Maniac but to his friends, his family, HIS FUCKING EMPYRE! NO! That's when all bets are off. The gloves get thrown into the vaporizer and the lightsaber comes out becaus blood will fly and my evil will show through.

I'm a champion of the underdog. An Enemy of the Status Quo. A hero to some, villain to more. Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all. While some may view me as a nice guy with whatever positive qualities they like to list, I know what lurks deep within. I know the evil. I've looked it dead in the eye. Time and again it's gotten my ass into slings and then there are times, times like these, where the leash and collar come off of this beast and it strikes forth.

I had decided after talking to the FEMA inspector (my application for disaster assistance has been denied...I couldn't tell you why and it comes well over a month after I applied) to check the computer. Bara and Pet needed someone to take the stream to keep the listener count jacked so that Bara could pull Fayt's shift. Fayt was sick, you see and like any band of musical warriors we pull together for our own. Today would be no exception.

"Why not?" I said, "Give it here, I'll do another flight."

"Thanks, mate!" Bara replied.

The countdown and spamming had gone smoothly. The transfer of computers on the server was without flaw and then....the madness and the mayhem, intensity, ferocity, fear, loathing and a full-on embodiment of The Principles Of Evil Made Flesh (my tired ass) came on, roaring and frothing at the mouth. Mendoza was listening. I had no idea until he had approached me after the first set.

VMUnderground: Dude I need your permission to use your voice for the next episode.

Ahhh the VM Search For Element Episodes. And now, I was to be a part of that.

VampyreDJ666: Consider it done. Anytime you need permission to use my voice just consider it done.

VMUnderground: Ok, I need you to go crazy like you did before

VampyreDJ666: Oh don't worry. I'm jazzing for another powertrip of Impyrial proportions.

That's when this happened.

thuudd: Hello mr dj.

VampyreDJ666: Hiya, sorry had to do a vocal moment there

thuudd: Well, Genocyde, I'm coming to you from Audiogoo.com and I'd like to hire you.

VampyreDJ666: Hire me?

thuudd: Aye.

I was thinking about my CD book suddenly overtaken with a surge of CDs from various underground gothic rock, metal, industrial and EBM bands but this was not so.

Audiogoo was apparently an internet radio station. They supposedly operated on a 128-bit stream (high-end sound for those who'd tune in) and used SAM3. We all use SAM2 and operate on a 64-bit stream (still pretty damned good sound quality but an earlier version of the program). Even though my mind was made up, I let him talk and even send me the SAM3 zip file after the show.


Besides, the night before, our own DJ Mirage sent this to me:

  • Krush Radio Dot Kom: It's Not A Complex...We Really ARE Superior

  • It was a fine testimonial to the cohesiveness of this unit and the By-Cernunnos-Go-Get-Em Attitude to which we all subscribed. No DJ Left Behind!

    When I showed it to Fred tonight he was amazed. In a sense, he was right....my name in lights! Wicked cool if you ask me.

    I rejected the offer flat out.

    VampyreDJ666: Can't do it. We're too much like family here. I like it, no complaints. Can't do that to my people.

    He said he understood.

    Still I raged the rest of my show, Mendoza having reaped huge benefits from the roar and overall absurdity in my colossal powertrip and all of us having a laugh before I finally retired to the couch, watching The Exorcist: The Beginning and falling asleep.

    I awoke about 7pm. I needed to talk to Doc and tell him what happened. I gave him the message immediately and then, my own startling horror came when he gave me the facts on this guy and then....my mind recoiled in horror. Zeph, Lycan, and Cheet had jumped ship on Freak Radio Dot Net to join this new station and the information was sketchy. Furthermore, the disclaimer was set up to where if he began taking heat, they could fuck the DJs nine ways to sunday. Then there was the SAM3 issue. If he was passing out a hacked version, the DJs were right in the path of oncoming reptiles. This program "phones home" and lets the developer know who's doing what with it and how illegal it is.

    We at Krush are licensed, if we play some Metallica and Lars claims I owe him a couple of bucks, he talks to Doc.

    The conversation between Doc and myself, with Doc's findings went out in an emergency email to Zeph, Lycan and Cheet after having spoken to Cheet over the phone. Things were not looking good. I'm close to these people. While they may DJ at another station on the net, we've known each other far longer than we've known these stations. We too, are family. I would not let them go down, should that be the case.

    Thier decisions to leave Freak Radio, to me, are odd but then when they're promised total creative freedom, better programs for streaming, etc. I can understand.

    I'm not going anywhere though. I've been through enough with Hear The Poop. Many of us left and went about our separate ways DJing wherever we could find a spot. I have a shot at primetime, more time should I want it, possibly even a solid schedule but none of that will make up for the caliber of people with which I work.

    To me, Audiogoo looks like a can of worms that I wouldn't touch with a 30-foot pole. Why? Too many questions unanswered. Here, at Krush, I'm certain of the people I'm dealing with. I know which ones are as unhinged and as twisted as I and I know which ones are not.

    No, I'm not going any-damned-where anytime soon.



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home