|

Monday, March 27, 2006

It Should Never Happen In America



Michale Graves "Butchershop"


No doubt, you've seen the Misfits' video for "Dig Up Her Bones" below. The man who was singing was none other than Michale Graves.

Michale has had a couple of projects that I know of since his departure from The Misfits. There was Gotham Road, a more metal sounding band that Michale seemed geared for and then there was his solo project. Needless to say after Michale left The Misfits, I followed his career as closely as I possibly could. I don't know what it is about the man's voice but it's wonderfully suited for rock n' roll of any variety.

Now, there's the video I posted. The audio clips you hear in the video are Damien Echols. Damien was one of The West Memphis Three and there's plenty of video footage. This wasn't so much a music video as it was Michale's most heartfelt attempt at raising awareness. Everything in this video clip is ad placement, and damn fine ad placement as well. From Damien's book "Almost Home: My Life Story Vol 1." to the quotes in text and then later the quotes from Damien himself in audio, there is very little in this clip to even suggest that Michale is promoting himself, if at all. Well done, Michale.

Michale has even called his tour "The Almost Home Tour 2006" in obvious reference to Damien's book. Michale's site on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/gravesmichale even has audio of Michale playing his song written for The West Memphis Three called "Almost Home" in which he calls Damien "a close personal friend" during the intro.

I listened. I've paid close attention. I can't wait to get these songs on my show.

I've sat at work thinking about this case last night and I see why there are so many celebrities talking about it, doing fund-raisers, benefits, non-profit activities and the like for this cause. In grim retrospect, I honestly wish there were more of these also saying the same things Charlie Sheen is saying about 9/11 but to be honest, I think Charlie is used to controversy and I think he'll create that spark that starts the blaze.

What saddens me the most about this particular case is the level of ignorance spent upon it. Watching the two documentaries Paradise Lost: The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills and Paradise Lost 2: Revelations, I find it odd that there's a judge who wasn't convinced that there was a bite mark. Granted, it was a two-dimensional photo that they were looking at but the truth is, why not take the chance?

I wonder if Burnett was really honest when he said that it was hard for him to sentence Damien, much less anyone, to a penalty of death. If it's that hard, how about taking the chance and granting a new trial? When he came out with his quote, "I don't know if you heard it but my voice caught when I had to tell Echols he was sentenced to death." I knew he was lying. He had to clear his throat but his voice never caught to indicate that this was tough on him emotionally.

In America, there's been one underlying fact that you can stand on. Eventually, the truth will come out. The people involved in cover-ups of that truth that makes more innocent people suffer will suffer themselves. Personally, I know you can never keep the truth down for long before people start putting the pieces together. When that puzzle comes together it's going to be the shitstorm of all time. The West Memphis case will be like the 9/11 case...Category 5 all the way. Unless things are discovered and quickly...things will be so fucked up that no one will ever recover.

None of this should have been allowed to happen in America. How did things go this wrong this quickly, I wonder?

No matter.

If you need me, look for me and everyone else fighting The Silent War.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Hey Mr.naked swordsman!! ha ha....nobody would get that unless they read what you said in my blog about a snake,ha ha.You just crack me upMr.Funny Man!
Never seen the video,and I MUDT be behind times,cuz the other names are not familiar to me.I wonder how my computer would be of any use to me if it weren't for Google?
Your radio station u D.J. on plays some stuff that's good...but stuff I NEVER heard of sometimes.I'm openminded though,so I like alot of different types.
Hey,I just downloaded a group that I wish you would play sometimes! You don't hear much about them that often...so how bout some "Lords of Acid"? ("I Sit on Acid") is an oldie-bit-goodie.
Oh wait! Am I lost? Shouldn't I be on the Krush site for my demands---I mean requests...oops! ha ha
{{hugs}}
T.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Just heard on the news that they are STILL finding bones and body matter from the planes hitting the twin towers at various places near the site.
Sad.So sad.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home