|

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Fred Brito Dateline Hour

This is what I've posted to Inside Dateline's website (thanks for the link to that, BTW, Fred!) and if this isn't the first comment you see...bank on one fact; public opinion now takes a backseat to sensationalist yellow journalism.

I checked out the hour on Fred tonight. I have to say that I the pleasure of interviewing Fred two years ago when he announced that this special would be airing. Needless to say, we were all excited.

After waiting for two years, I have to say that my hope in the mainstream media has been further diminished. Despite his intentions to actually want to do some good, I watched as he was lambasted.

I watched him admit to being a con artist and why. These were facts that I was privvy to two years before and I watched as Dateline took this man apart. Fred and I have been in contact over these past two years and through the whole thing, we've waded through the entrapment called "To Catch A Predator" that went on and on ad nauseum to the point where I'd almost given up hope that Fred's story was going to air.

Then when it did, I found myself disappointed. His effort to even attempt a straight life aimed at helping others and his community have been damaged thanks largely to facts that were exaggerated to the point that the distortion was enough to make me grant him another interview this weekend.

It seems that the mainstream media has not worked again. Rather than giving an unbiased story, the story was slanted largely against Fred.

This weekend we at www.worldrockradio.com will let Fred have his say. All questions raised from that hour-long disappointment will be answered and we will give you what Dateline failed to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger FRED BRITO - The Benevolent Con said...

My name is Fred Brito. And according to Dateline NBC, I am "The Great Pretender." But between you and me... I am Just Fred.

To watch Dateline last Tuesday was an experience. Was it a good experience? That depends if you believe all that you heard and saw.

Dateline and I spent two years making this segment and while I had great hopes of it being "balanced", those hopes were quickly dimmed after the first fifteen minutes.

Did they talk about the positive side of Fred Brito? Not exactly.

Did that tell you anything about my work advocating for the disenfranchised and ex-offenders seeking employment? No.

Did they tell you anything that would have led you to believe that I have done anything positive with my life? Sadly, the answer is No.

Therefore, my good friend Lord Genocyde has invited me back to set the record straight. And trust me... if you don't know me... you will.

I hold nothing back and I will tell it like it is.

So do me this huge favor. Get your friends out, especially the ex-offenders, the homeless, the elderly or anyone who feels like they have NO voice. Or maybe they have lost Hope. This show will be for them.

We will let the truth be told. We won't have an ounce of fear at who might be listening. Frankly, I could careless.

The truth about life for the average person in America will be discussed and we will urge you To stand up, speak loud and clear and tell the this damn nation that WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH, AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TALKING THIS CRAP ANYMORE.

And when we are done... we can all go back to our daily lives, only this time we will not be serving the man... we will serve ourselves and we will be ONE... in one common thread, to DO all that we can to demand that we be heard.

This is our right. And don't let anyone take that away from you.

This is Fred Brito, and I am mad as hell and no one is going to step on me anymore.... not even DATELINE NBC!

The time has come... to put our boots on and start demanding respect and to be treated with dignity.

Ex-offenders, the Homeless, the Elderly, the poor, and all people demanding a voice... I am here, and I will show you the way.

Make no mistake. I mean business, and all of you listeners out there, tune in... and be ready to take charge of your life!

You will hear me on Saturday night. So in the meantime...

May the Force be with YOU!

Fred Brito
TheBenevolentCon@gmail.com

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home