|

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Episode 67: A Higher Level of Excommunication

6/6/07 4:30 a.m.

I decided to tune in to CherryRock for the first time ever. I'd heard the hype surrounding it but, being the skeptic I can sometimes be, I'd found myself giving it a dismissal. It wasn't a dismissal out of disrespect but more because I've heard shows and stations that provide substance in lieu of the many Howard Stern knock-offs that I've encountered. I have to say that my dismissal was rather unfair.

As I tuned in, I heard Simion playing some segments of things here and there and even some music and really generally just having a good time. The chatroom provided live feed of both the show and the webcam. I was impressed at the volume of media that was generated from one show. Not only had it received feedback that I hadn't really taken notice of before but the volume of listeners was quite impressive for nearly five on a Wednesday morning.

Noticing I was in the room, Simion had made mention about how I'd somehow given CherryRock (the station) and his show (Hostile Environment) the inspiration to get started. It was interesting to me, though I still don't understand it. In any case, Simion slipped on the air, calling the station CherryWok. Naturally, I snapped in a joke about the entire station now becoming Chinese into the chat which prompted an invitation to do, quite prematurely, what I'd hoped to do...return to the airwaves.

I'm not really in top form yet. Many many things still need ironing out before the full-frontal audio assault continues but the opportunity was too good to simply pass. So, we set up the encoder, set up the streaming cam and began.

Now, keep in mind, I don't take insults to heart. The show has weathered a shit station and it's head, a hurricane, a disaster of a publicity stunt, catastrophic failures at every opportunity and has only done one thing...gain momentum. Through our failures we've had more in the way of successes. While I'm not some huge high-and-mighty know-it-all god of the internet airwaves, I believe that we've earned some bragging rights here and there. We decimated the station that sought to decimate us in our "Do Unto Others BEFORE They Do Unto You" attitude. We've gone above and beyond even what we've hoped to go. We created something from next to nothing and now, it's nearly a household name in certain circles. That's enough for me to be satisfied. Whenever anyone attempts to fuck us off, we don't run, we take them on and we humiliate them, no quarter asked, none given. No mercy, no salvation, no forgiveness. Simple.

So it was only natural that when one chucklehead in the chat though he was entitled to the stream when he doesn't even host with C.R. started to pathetically attempt to ruin the time slot offered to me...I had to do what I had to do. Right then, I was faced with new audience members and, yes, pride made me act accordingly. This moron had to poke his nose into each and every little thing and finally, after ignoring him and seeing that he was irritating the chatters, I laced into him.

If it's one thing that most will agree on, though I may never be dangerous with my hands or feet...I can nearly kill with words. He shot something at me, I'd shoot something back. He wanted to bitch that it was HE who should be on the air, I'd tell him to get out of his mom's basement and find a girlfriend...preferrably a deafmute. Let's face it, I wouldn't wish this guy's rather repellant personality on anyone. He went off saying something else and I'd say something to the effect of, "Look who's riding the Menstrual Cycle today. You guys will know the sound of this one ....Nagnagnagnagnangangnagnangangnag BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHBITCHBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!"

It escalated from there...you get the picture.

The whole time, Sim is saying, "Say the word and I'll ban the guy." I never did...let's get that clear. It would have been way easy for me to have him banned. Uh uh, I never take an easy way out like that. If he wanted to go head-to-head, I'd give that to him...in spades. He would learn via humiliation that I am not one with whom to be fucked. In any case, the guy wanted to break out his resume of stations that have supposedly asked him to host for them and a completel list of people he's interviewed.

Wow...holy crap! That's all I needed? A couple of lists?

No. The lists that he had, whether they existed or not, were irrelevant to me as it was I who had the stream and it was he who had been told by Simion LIVE and ON THE AIR to have a nice, tall, frosty glass of Shut The Hell Up.

Simion banned him...that was his choice. Though I was having serious fun giving this guy the verbal browbeating he desperately deserved, it was getting old to Simion and it's his room. Can't argue with that.

When we continued the show, it occurred to me that becoming a rude jerkoff to me while I'm on the air by invitation isn't just the wrong thing to do...it's the worst, only and last mistake that someone can make. I've had my share of hecklers in the past couple of years but those were friends giving me shit...this guy...he was just a rude jerkoff. I wonder if that list of stations ever got wind of his activities, would those invitations quickly close?

Anyway, I never took it to heart. If that guy want's to be a dickhead and blame me for what he did to himself, that's cool. There's still a world of difference between what he thinks and what we've DONE.

If it's one thing I've always prided this show on it's that we've never been in competition with anyone other than ourselves. It makes dealing with other DJs and stations a lot easier and keeps it all friendly and professional. Still, there's always one team-killing fucktard out there that wants to compete with everyone and be the best of the best. As Ric Flair once illustriously put it, "If you wanna be the man, you've gotta beat the man." and this dickstain had a hell of a long way to go before he ever did that. In any case, the show finished and, while it wasn't one of our best, the response it received was unbelievable.

As of right now, Simion wants me on regular rotation on CherryRock. I'd have no problem with that except for the job thing...still have to see how that's going to work out. If all goes well, we'll be doing some weekend shows but keep your fingers crossed and keep your hopes up on one thing...we're coming back for sure. We're just still waiting to see where a few chips are falling.

I came home from work today to find that my roomies have pleasantly surprised me. This weekend is a huge housecleaning project...sort of like a late spring-cleaning but my living room is now more organized...scratch that...BETTER organized and there's actually some friggin' space in here. I look around at it and I can't believe my eyes still. They did one helluva job on it. We were looking to start on Friday but it looks like they're already digging into this thing with claws out. I can't wait for the weekend to start. We're gonna have a lot of fun doing this.

1 Comments:

Blogger FRED BRITO - The Benevolent Con said...

FRED BRITO MOVES FORWARD IN RUN FOR NEW MEXICO STATE SENATE -

IF AND WHEN ELECTED I WILL...

1. Focus a considerable amount of time on cleaning up nursing homes, and elderly care centers. In addition, create a better reporting system for all nursing homes that ensure that they are in "full compliance" with governmental rules and that they are all required to be accredited by JCAHO (Joint Commission on Healthcare Organizations ). Nursing homes everywhere lack serious oversight and currently allowed to operate below basic standards. This has to stop!

2. Creation of programs that will drastically improve the success rate of inmates released on parole. Currently, inmates are released on parole and immediately return to prison due to lack of education, poor support by parole agents, discrimination of ex-offenders by employers and housing landlords. Every person released on parole needs to be prepared to fully participate as a full citizen with full rights and obligations. Efforts will be made to prevent employers and housing landlords from discriminating against "non-violent" ex-offenders. All people on active parole will be required to participate in educational programs as part of their parole program. Pre-release programs while in prison will be drastically improved in order to prepare the inmate for release onto parole. Furthermore, to provide non-violent ex-offenders the tools necessary for them to have a real and fair second chance in rebuilding their lives void of discrimination of any kind.

3. Drastically move to require that all elected officials comply with a code of ethics requiring them to be responsive to constituent needs within a reasonable period of time. Far too often elected officials do not respond
to the needs of the people and the people do not receive the proper attention of and by their elected officials.

Furthermore ... As a State Senator, I pledge that I will dedicate my full time to represent and act on the needs of the people of New Mexico. I also pledge that I will not work in any kind of private business while in the New Mexico State Senate.

Posted by FRED BRITO FOR NEW MEXICO STATE SENATOR

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home