|

Friday, November 04, 2005

Wasting Time Again

I sit here after just waking up. Talking to Helen about the FEMA situation was just an excersize in frustration all over again.

Two things caused me to lose out. The first was they didn't put down that I'd been without power for nine days. Certainly, others had been longer without it than I but then again, when you don't get along with the sun, trying to be a day person and nearly hallucinating from the heat, having to take cold baths just to keep me from going stark crazy. I'll admit that while I did live through it, I don't wish to go through that again. The second thing was that others who didn't need it were abusing it. As far as I'm concerned, they can have it. I made it this far on my own, I will make it farther. I applied, it flopped. In the words of Bill Hicks, "It's a piece of shit, walk away."

Helen, however, wants me to appeal the decision and fight for it. Nah, don't wanna. Don't care enough about it. This whole incident further reinforces my current lack of faith in our system. What frustrated me most was that there were criteria that had to be met in order to obtain the assistance. This is fine, I have no problem with this. Had I known what it was, I'd have not been one more case for these guys to have to check out and deal with. I'd have never applied in the first place. The Gods pulled two favors for me, asking a third would be like pushing the issue.

I'm happy with what I have and I'll stick with that for now.

Here's the other reason why our system will never be able to help those that truly need it. Too many others abusing it. It's just one in a laundry list of complaints that I have with our current system of governing things. I thought we were supposed to be the ones in power here? Correct me if I'm wrong but in our Civics classes were we not taught that WE make the policy and THEY carry it out? Now, it's the exact opposite. THEY'RE the ones making the policy and we have to toe the line...whether we like it or not. Political savagery time and time again. The strongarming of the work away from us happens because we let it happen. Complacent Consent rears it's ugly head once more. What's worse is the fact that there are those that don't care that they're abusing the system. The rest of everyone who needs it whom still haven't had their needs met get fucked while these bastards get fatter on it. Look to these swine to run for office and win by landslides. They talk a great game. This is how the bastards get you.

Covert control simply works by getting people to think in a way you want them to think. If you can convince someone that it's necessary for their safety to do something, they'll do it. It's marketing and these swine that run around getting everyone else's share know how to sell themselves.

In some cases I'd say let them. Soon, there will only be two words I love applying to them. Karma...motherfucker.

Soon these people who abused the system and caused time of mine to be wasted by increasing my waiting will have to deal with whatever happens to them. I will laugh. I'll laugh first at the abusers for having done so many stupid things and squandering what others in even deeper need that I could have used to bring us up a little and then I'll laugh at those that gave it to them for their foolishness. In some way, I think if they were stupid enough to get ripped off like that then they deserve to deal with it but I know that it's those of us paying taxes that will. Then again, those that abused it deserve whatever shit comes thier way.

I actually know a guy who, day in and out since the hurricane, complained that he may not get it. He told us stories of how he'd call FEMA and bug them to give it to him. He got it. With that money he put in a spray in bedliner to his new truck and then I watched in utter stupefaction as he placed an order for $900 worth of supplements for his workout program. Unbelievable! The funny part was this guy already had about $3k between two bank accounts and lived better than some of us out there. I know his type though. He talks tough but really, he's one of those who likes to cry a lot about shit.

Way I figure it, the rest of us out there that got denied toughed it out. Some of them choose to fight it and I hope they get what they're fighting for. I know some of them deserve it. I however have other things to do and I remember one thing that most of the others don't.

Karma...motherfucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home