|

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Savage Road To Recovery.

Hey everyone,

Again, I want to thank all of you for your support, your emails your thoughts, prayers, and those really awesome vibes you have been sending my way, they've all been helping. How? Check this out. I don't know if I've told anyone this stuff yet but here's the latest.

As of Monday:

A Doc at the E.R. told me Last Thursday that I'd pulled a muscle in my back...that apparently took me outta work for the three day weekend I was scheduled to work. It's a good thing I don't call in unless it's important and they have doc's notes comin to them so they shouldn't complain too much. That doc put me on Toradol and Flexeril. I fucking hate these two drugs. they essentially render me useless, and couple that with me getting stiff in the hip after sitting in this chair for a couple of minutes that means no playlists were sent and all shows have been cancelled until further notice.

Each day, I've been gaining more and more mobility thanks to you crazy fuckers. Your music, thoughts, prayers, etc have kept me going. What? You didn't think I pushed your music if I didn't like it did you? Problem though...it still hurt to sit up so I had to see a chiropractor and get a second opinion.

Monday's appointment at the chiropractor proved worth the time it took to stay up. He found my hips were out of alignment (slightly, nothing awful) and that it had not only pulled some muscles but had also kicked some trigger points in my hip to screamin at me. Unofficially, he advised me to get off the Toradol and Flexeril. No problem there, they were turning me into Genocyde Osbourne. This shit was making my speech slurred, I walked like I'd had my brain fried from surviving an electric chair and what's worse, I couldn't do anything but sleep in order to curtail the effects...fuck that.

As of Now:

I'm currently two or three days off the two scrips. The pain has been at the point where it starts out as an "Fuck...this sucks ass." to an ignorable annoyance after I move around a bit and work the kinks out. The only two meds I'm on now are some ibuprofen and Aleve...shit I can handle. Let's face it, I don't do prescription meds very well. I'm rarely sick, I almost never suffer anything worse than the occasional sore muscle from a workout so when I take something like that, it beats seven shades of shit outta me. Now, I'm going for walks for a couple of hours. Sitting up has gotten better but I'm still a bit stiff and I still have to get up and move about for a bit.

Recovery has been fast as hell and unyielding and it's all thanks to YOU for sticking by me and showing the support. As for the playlists and shows and things of that sort...might be another week or two but I'll be back in the swing of things before you know it. I'm sorry things got really fucked the way they did but don't worry, I'm sure it won't happen again. Even your Host, Main Event, Showstopper, Lord And Emporer ain't quite bulletproof...yet...I'm still working on that.

Many Blessings and Thanks! Love you all!

Damien aka Lord Genocyde

P.S. If Erica from Unter Null gets this....CONGRATS ON THE TWINS GIRL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home