|

Friday, August 03, 2007

Episode 77: A World Without Lord Genocyde

Starlit MySpace Page

Ok, I know I'm posting about music or politics or the mundane shit that's happening in this twisted realm of a life sometimes but I think you might like this story.

I was doing my normal thing online. You know, checking email, checking the myspace account, looking at blogs, irritating the shit out of some backwater Australian who hasn't learned by now that he's completely inept when trying to engage me in some insult war on a message board...the usual. Being added to Simara Rose's band page is a benefit. Why? Aside from her band having some of the most killer music on the planet (because she's a pure-born American Badass like that...damn right, I said that to your face) but she tends to offer these rather graphical and colorful bulletins that can take your average shitty day and turn it all around.

Yep, we all feel worthless, rejected, cast aside and we sit there wondering if things will get any better. Or you contemplate unleashing the beast on a few people who desperately deserve it for various reasons. On a side note, that often feels like the best plan of action. Total vengeance. No regard for whoever may be a bystander just a feeling of, "fuck these assholes...let's dance, motherfucker" and then unloading a huge Armageddon-style warhead of ass-kicking on them. Oh yeah, baby...mindless carnage and mayhem and what can that weak pansy do about it? Go home and cry...IF I decide letting you go was the right thing to do. Unfortunately, trying to balance that kinda anger turned inward and that negativity without something to give you a boost. By day's end, you're tired, worn out and you still feel like no one gives a fuck. You begin to wonder if anyone truly knows you exist.

Well, that's when the bulletins come in really handy. Not only are they colorful graphics but they feature some of the most intensely motivational words. Sometimes, those are just powerful enough to unleash that kinda beast on your negativity or whatever is trying to keep you down. That's it...just a few simple words to turn your entire day around. I'll be goddamned if it doesn't work damn near everytime. Spooky part is, most often, it honestly comes across as her talking to you directly.

This day was different. Simara began to feel down in the dumps herself and a friend of hers did the same thing she does for so many of her fans, friends and followers. What did she do? She asked everyone to make a wish and post it to her comments. She wanted everyone to think hard on it and write it down. I did.

I wished for a world that didn't need Lord Genocyde. No lie. Many of you will find this to be a shock but some that truly know me will not. Those that do, obviously, you need an explanation and one I'm more than prepared to supply.

See, everyone, Lord Genocyde is not me. Lord Genocyde is not me amplified. Lord Genocyde is my megalomaniacal ego gone full volume to a capability that can only be described as destructive. It would be if not for one small safety catch...direction. There's anger and violence there. Lord Genocyde is cold save for his anger. Lord Genocyde, however, does not know fear because he knows no reverence...of anything.

I'm the only thing providing the direction that keeps Lord Genocyde at bay. Unfortunately, I feel that this world needs Lord Genocyde to brutally rattle cages and shake trees. So many people walk day to day, back and forth, without any idea of what's going on around them. They're happily oblivious to everything. That, to me, is dangerous. Being nice about trying to tell people this has never gotten any decent results. Let's face it, no one would listen to Howard Stern if he never kicked up some dust. Nope, the nice guy had to take a backseat but Lord Genocyde stuffed him in the trunk and then suicide shifted the car into fifth gear, blasting it straight out into wherever the anger needed focus and direction. It's like one of those high-pressure firehoses. Aim it at someone, they could get killed. Aim it at a fire, it could save lives. The problem that exists with two beings existing in the same mind is the conflict. When Lord Genocyde would like to hook someone by the eyesockets, gouge out their eyeballs and literally skulldrag them, delighting in their screams, I have to retain self-control. I have to redirect the anger. People like Paris Hilton usually get the brunt of the brute force of that and it's concussive. I usually redirect it at social and political figures. Lord Genocyde supplies unrelenting firepower driven on hatred and I supply the deserving targets...those that have betrayed us all. If I had no targets, Lord Genocyde wouldn't be needed. If things were running as they should be, the world would no longer need Lord Genocyde. Then, I could rest, play a game or two, listen to some music and generally not worry about a damned thing. All would be right with the world, I suppose.

Hence, my wish...A World Without Lord Genocyde in it. A World without fear, anger, hatred and suffering. A world where the only thing standing between you and your dreams are opportunity and air...and you're already breathing in the air. A world where we can keep our doors unlocked at night and sleep that much better. A world without all this struggle over things we won't be able to pass on to our children and the ones after them.

We could pursue this type of matter collectively, I suppose. We could begin finding solutions today.

Or we could nukefight it out...not a living thing would survive.

I suppose the choice is really ours, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Hello lovebug,
Sometimes I think my bugsy needs anger management...but when you continue reading you realize....he needs to be the person giving the classes!!
Your freakin' awesome dude,not to mention interesting as hell!Oh WAIT! NOT that I would think hell was interesting...but....damn,you know what I mean.
hugs xoxox
T.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Oh,and I forgot something....for SOME wierd reason,trying to get on my blog at work is useless.This thing called Websense...a blocker thingy pops up.I can email,and surf a few things...but anything w/ photo's,blogs,and a bunch of other crap is out.BUMMER! Cuz after the late-nighters'....drinkers,dopers,wife/husband cheaters,business travelers etc...are finished coming in by the dozens,and shit calms down,I can get online.But mostly just on my yahoo email site.
Wish I could get around that.Any ideas?LOL
luv ya....even if u talk a good scare!Inside is this sweet huggable loveable teddy bear,I just know this!
XXX and a O

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home