|

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Genocydal Empyre v3.0 News (Hmm...Upgrades)

Hey everyone,

Ok now I know you haven't heard from our camp in awhile. Well, that
stops here and now. First, let me apologize for this rather long wait
that you've had to endure. Many know that I left WorldRock because of
format and we left it with a fuckin' bang. No shit, folks. Fred
marched himself up into WorldRock's world and gave them the hard truth
that night. Everything Fred handed them was a hard pill to swallow but
after the barrage of hardcore factoids, he came in with solutions.
This wasn't just some bullshit rant, full of rhetoric, bereft of
solutions. Nope, this was hard, all-out, in-your-face with a killer
dose of tactful response and the best part, while he's not an
entertainer by profession, he left 'em wantin' more. We hope to set
that up quickly.

Many of you also know that my monitor had developed a shitty black
spot that just seemed to grow and grow and not really get any better.
Just when it would get better, it's progress would halt. Even though I
really couldn't afford it, I splurged later on and grabbed a desk-hog.
Gone are the days of my liberal desk space. But it's ok. I don't need
my damn glasses to type and my Matrix screen-saver looks beautiful on
this monster.

That was the gist of it, we were going to go back on the air nearly
immediately but then...well, that's when things got hairy. Everyone
was screaming at us for a "version change." Initially, I didn't want
to do that and my reasoning behind it was this.

When we started out as The Genocydal Empyre on Hear The Pulse radio,
it was the title of an old band project that was resurrected,
reincarnated and pissed off about getting shelved. The computer and I
were the band leading the charge. Well, when things soured between me
and the station owner, he made huge claims about suing for the
trademarks to "DJ Genocyde" and "The Genocydal Empyre." I told him he
could have both if he wanted them. His overall goal was to ensure that
no one had ever heard of me and if they had, they would think I was
some cheap knock-off of myself. To be honest with you all, the
previous incarnation on Hear The Pulse was the cheap knock-off. Due to
lack of decent programs, equipment and function, I was basically
starting out another Howard Stern wannabe playing metal, goth and
industrial. By the time Krush picked me up after I had already thrown
it all at the previous station owner...they had heard of me and they
were ready for what I had. Still, I had to get the Hear The Pulse
stink off me and get out of it's shadow, so I did what any computer
programmer would do...I made another damn version. I preferred to see
it as Anakin gettin' the Darth Vader technogetup but that's just my
geeky ass.

Anyway, brief history done, you know how it's gone. We've evolved over
the past year or more and now, suddenly, people wanted a version 3.0
(which makes me think that eventually, I'mma just slap a damn Omega
symbol at the end of this title to shut a great many up) and
basically, after the monitor situation was straight, a shift at work
suddenly found themselves with far less manpower than any...or so they
claim. The night we'd scheduled our comeback, I'd been drafted to work
and rumor has it that a damn scout from one of those satellite
stations was tuned in and talking. With that in mind, I've let work
know that the raise we just received is now of little comfort when
they start pulling that bullshit ambiguous "institutional need" shit
on me. When they rolled that one out on me and I saw that the team
actually had more than enough people to cover everything if they'd
just use some friggin' efficient thinking, I could have decked someone
for that. Everything got shelved. Promotions, work on the myspace and
cherrytap sites, contact, the low-budget film...all of it. We decided
to take a vacation. The stress was piling up and the more we thought
about it the more we came to the conclusion that we were making a huge
deal out of nothing and adding more stress onto us. This was supposed
to be fun and lively. This was my escape and it was turning into my
job. When we finally came back on the air, we did three impromptu
shows (those playlists will be included for a total of five.)

The first show was on CherryRock (Simion's channel) and we were met
with a great reception. I was already in sort of a negative mood and
when I took the air (as Simion was ranting and raving about me being
his "mentor" in this business) I decided to piss as many people off as
possible. It backfired. Except for one no-talent, no-personality
assclown who decided, vocally and rudely, that I should be bumped in
favor of him. First, I've never heard of this asshole whom I'm now
referring to as Mr. Kennedy (those of you that watch wrestling know
who I'm talking about) as he's that inconsequential. Secondly, if I'm
already ranting, don't make yourself my target. Third, don't make
yourself my target when 99% of the total listenership is already
agreeing with me. Mr. Kennedy violated all three rules, causing
himself to have a whole lot of angry as hell goths, metalheads,
punkers and industrialites unload on him as well as me. Later on I
took a look in the mirror and still see no concern for that moron.
Look, I'm not made of glass. My ego is not easily shattered but when
I'm on the air, I'm using it to my advantage and the advantages of
everyone aboard this motherfucker. Stand in the way, you get run over.
I've got no time to waste on idiots. Those of you receiving this
letter can count yourselves among those who added the weight in to the
machine that crushes puny fucktards like that and I'm glad to have you
aboard.

The second show was on KrushRadio, albeit delayed, and we discovered
something after doing the Tales From The Weirdside segment. First, I
labelled the goddamn segment wrong and second, this shit was fun
again. Now, I could be as nasty as I wanted to and take direct
potshots at whoever just irritated the hell out of me (Namely Paris
Hilton) and play all the killer music I love the most (Like the stuff
you wicked fuckers send in.) Despite a few hitches, it went well.

The third show was tonight, Darkside Radio. Towards the end was total
annhilation. Misty and Dragonblaze called in so that we could talk
about movies and the conversation disintegrated leaving me screaming
in frustration on the air...literally. Not much there to report but
the impact crater of the show is still there, the loyal fans are still
tuning in and the best part is, I'm saving the really important stuff
for when we begin rolling this machine with some regularity again.

I'm still in talks with CherryRock about possibly doing a show there
as well. Who knows what the future holds.

Ok, that is the good news and in summary:

1. We've upgraded.

2. We'll be "versioning" again later so we never have to do it again

3. We're still just as well received after our long hiatus.

The bad news:

1. We're like Vista...still buggy

2. We're still on the rotational schedule.

3. We're still waiting for that rotational schedule to be a thing of the past.

We're working on that part.

Now, my creative outlets have expanded a bit. I've also been doing
some tie-dyed T-shirts (or at least trying my hand at them) and you
can see the results here with
full photos
and please save the Geno-dyed puns...you have no clue
how many times I've heard them and don't worry, I haven't gone all
hippie or anything, I just love tie-dyed t-shirts and it's been awhile
since I've had one so, I decided to screw about with colors and see
how they came out. You tell me what you think. Most of them still
aren't done yet and the thing is, even though I haven't officially
opened up a business and this was mostly an experiment, I sold one for
$10 my second day of doing them. It was a tank top that got dyed. I'm
thinking of selling some later on though, just for some spending/smoke
cash. You know how it is these days.

Anyway, I'm not gonna sit here and bore you with my bullshit any
longer. I know what you're wanting to see...playlists, right?! Ok,
well, here they are...keep in mind I don't have the dates on these but
these were the last five I did. I'm gonna get more on a regular
schedule later on. Again, I'm sorry about the long waits and the
silence from this end. I just didn't want to send out a newsletter
when we really didn't have any news. Thanks for hanging with us though
and thanks big time for all your patience with us as we went through
some terrible times.

One thing before I post the playlists, for anyone wanting interviews,
(I know we have a SiNDADDY repeat and Fred Brito threepeat in the
works as possible leads) let us know and we're more than happy to do
them because right now, our schedule is open and work hasn't been
asking for volunteers to work our days off lately.

(Playlists Truncated Out Of The Message)

Again, guys thanks for all your patience in all this and thanks for,
again, listening to someone who can amount to the poster child for
A.D.D. at this point.

Rockin' The Police States of AmeriKKKa,
Lord Genocyde.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

WHEW! It took me 10 minutes to read your post.I love hearing ALL your points,views and what's up in that head...but GEEZ! Talk about long-winded!LOL
hugs
So Fred got straight to the point,eh? Did he step on any toes?lol...Cuz all he's doing is something that needs to be done,and that's bring awareness to what is REALLY happening,by people getting duped by ex-cons..which,that term never makes any sense to me...cuz if u are actively in your con-mode,then you aren't an "EX" Con...Your still the full fledged con-artist,right?
I love Fred....he knows all too well how people usually expect to see a beardd/attooed up,hadn't bathed type person...instead,the big time hustlers are wearing the most expensive suits and ties that has what I call the "gift of gab" and can talk the panties off of a nun.
Those kind of ppl slip thru the cracks,and since I've been one of those "crack-slippers"(uugh,that sounds nasty)ha ha...butbut since I can relate,I definately commend him for his honesty and coming forth to allow others to see and learn what to watch out for when u letmeone into your personal life or your business.Looks make too much of a difference in the corporate world,and that's sad.
Like that Enron(sp) thing.People didn't know what hit em'.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home