|

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Episode 82: So Much For The Conversion Tactics

I thought there was a cease-fire of sorts on YouTube, however, there isn't. Something has really gotten into these guys. If ever an Atheist wants to accuse you of being a person who's irrationally dogmatic while trying to claim some type of ethical high ground, direct them this way. Let them know they need to keep some of their people in line. What I leave you with is continued from the "How To Convert An Atheist" video comments AND an email from my YouTube inbox which I didn't know existed until now. Fundamentalists being what they are, I submit this for your approval...or not, whichever.

The Comments Continue...
deltabird (1 day ago)
+1 Poor comment Good comment
thats called agnosticism douche... atheism DENIES the possiblity of deities of any sort.

shrouded60606 (19 hours ago)
+1 Poor comment Good comment
Lol hes reading from the bible. Hahaha.

ParabolaStrychnine (16 hours ago)
0 Poor comment Good comment
Hey look... More christian conjecture. I gave the video a five though for effort. When I begin noting concern in my eyes... I'll seek help.

DeimosSaturn (5 hours ago)
0 Poor comment Good comment
no it doesn't you dipshit. Atheism: lack of belief in a deity. It is not the DENIAL of anything. It's not my failure, you jackass, you failed for insisting something that is a total fabrication.

LordGenocyde
(31 minutes ago)
Keep going guys, resort to verbal makeshift bravado everyone! Isn't self-exposure great?

LordGenocyde (2 minutes ago)
::thats called agnosticism douche::

So when you use Agnosticism Douche, does this make you wonder if it works or do you just have a general idea? Perhaps the Atheism Douche is more your thing. You use it over and over again but no one believes it works.

LordGenocyde
(3 seconds ago)
Hey! I even found a Buddhism Douche! You guys oughtta try it. It helps so that your Yin doesn't stink out your Yangs.

The Email Exchange...
DeimosSaturn
Pascal's wager: The idea that one has nothing to lose by practicing a faith Jesus Christ as one's lord and that one has everything to lose by being an atheist.

This is a stupid conclusion because it is arbitrarily deciding on one religion (or even any specific denomination, which in each sect sees most or all other sects as idolators and blasphemers) over another. Each religion and denomination offers an equivilent quantity of evidence to show it is the one and only true religion that can save your immortal soul. That quantity is ZERO.

So, the choice you make of Jesus as your savior and not the Flying Spaghetti Monster is totally arbitrary and based primarily on the culture you live in or the beliefs of your parents.

There is no logical conclusion one can arrive at that makes Christianity any more valid a belief than Islam, Hinduism, Scientology, or Pastaism.

LordGenocyde:

Deimos,

I'm going to keep this simple. I respect your decision of being an atheist. I don't care. That's your thing and that's fine. I'm not out to convert you and I'm not looking to be converted.

The whole point was that Dawkins did the same thing Pascal did and since Pascal's Wager isn't valid, neither is the point that Dawkins made, nor is it relevant.

I have been through things most people cannot imagine and I do not expect you to understand those things. I have been through a variety of different spiritualities. I have since abandoned religion. Religion is manmade and I don't buy into it. I choose my spiritual path because it has helped me to live a better life, a much more healthy life and a much more peaceful life. What part do you not get? Where is the problem? Whether you believe the stories or not is irrelevant. This is my end result, not yours. If you'd like the same, I'm more than happy to share. If you are not interested then effectively go to one of these fanatics who are doing the same thing you are doing and find your crusade, conversion, war, or whatever it is you're looking for there

You trying to convince me that I'm wrong when I'm not trying to convince you of anything contrary to your own religion/belief system is getting tired. What do you care what I believe or do not believe in? The video was not a response to you, end of story.

By your imposition you now take on the role you have assigned to nearly every christian on the planet as dogmatic individuals who seek to impose their beliefs on you.

If I am wrong, I'm fine with that. It won't be the first time and it won't be the last. If it's such a terrible thing to you that I'm wrong then answer two questions for me:

1. Where were you the hundreds of other times I've been wrong?

2. What do you stand to gain by your insistence that I am wrong?

Finally, if Natural Selection is all we have to which to look forward then answer one other question. Why do you continue to see a doctor when you're sick in lieu of surviving on your own natural strength?

Continue your emails if you like, however, if you are looking for a war or a conversion on your crusade, you'll not find it here. This may make you as angry as can be but rest assured that I'm currently losing no sleep over that. This is something you'll have to deal with yourself.

Sincerely,
Damien "Lord Genocyde" Cross

http://www.krushradio.com/
http://www.darksideradio.com/
http://www.myspace.com/thegenocydalempyre.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home