|

Friday, August 31, 2007

Episode 80: "Wolf Creek" Should Have Been A Warning, Dumbass!

Frankly, I'll never understand the mentality of humans. I know you're thinking that it's probably hypocritical to remove my association from the human collective on both the individual and collective basis but after this, you may understand why I've done it.

First, let's consider the caliber of people with whom I work. There's an old saying that sums it all up nicely...We're All Here Because We're Not All There. I think that says it all, don't you? Got that locked in? Good.

In a world where our modern-day horror films show the scariest kind of monster to be the everyday man or woman you'd meet, I still could not wrap my head around my partner's intention to spend a vacation backpacking across Australia.

When he initially told me of his intention to one day spend a two-week vacation doing this, I wanted to end his life and save him the trouble.

For those who haven't seen Wolf Creek yet, I must inform you that this will contain spoilers so if you would rather see the movie for yourself, then don't read it. That's all I have to say. Now, I begin.

See, the entire movie is about one man and two of his female friends packed in a car, backpacking across Australia. Granted, these are Australians doing this and, in my mind, they have an excuse. As they're checking out one of the sites along the way (They spent about a day or two in some really rocky region out in the middle of The Great Nowhere and I'm still not entirely sure what they saw in this place) something terrible happens but they only find out about it upon their return to the car. Naturally, the car isn't starting. It's fucked. This is when the stranger in the tow truck arrives and offers a helping hand which they gratefully accept. If you look in the book of The World's All-Time Most Dumbfuck Ideas, you might read about these three in the Great Outback Middle of Nowhere.

The whole thing goes wrong. This one man kidnaps all three of them and begins a series of sadistic physical and psychological tortures on these poor fools. Their reaction is to scream incessantly and cry to the heavens for even an alien spacecraft to save their asses from this maniac. Then, it's unsuccessful attempt after attempt to escape the guy. Both girls are killed and the only survivor is the guy...but he gets picked up by the Australian cops who now think HE'S killed the girls. If I remember correctly, he gets cleared.

I know, I know, "That's just a movie" Weeeellllll...it was based on actual events. That's why I brought this up in the first place. It's the reason most people now wouldn't touch Serbia with a stolen 20-mile or better pole (Hostel, anyone?) even though the murder-for-profit industry is really in Thailand...not counting the defense contractors in our present War on Freedom.

Now, this crazed fucker wants to go galavanting around Australia backpacking. I left it alone. I didn't try to convince the moron that it wasn't a wise idea. I simply recommended the movie to him. Hopefully when he sees this Crocodile Dundee freakshow who could pick people off from up to a damn mile with that rifle of his, he'll change his mind. If not and if he's reading this. It's been nice knowing ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home