|

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Remember House Resolution 4752?

Here is some info for you....What I wrote is below it. Remember that if we aggressively approach them without tact, they won't listen.

-DJ Genocyde

* * *
Looks like there's steps being taken....
* * *
From: 666*ray*666
Date: Jun 5, 2006 12:49 PM

Johnny get your gun, you are going to need it.



From: Lone Wolf
Date: Jun 5, 2006 11:28 AM

From: NOLAJBS
Date: Jun 5, 2006 4:30 AM

H.R. 4752: Universal National Service Act of 2006
Mandatory Draft Bill Snuck In - To Be Debated 6-6-6

On February 14, 2006, Congressman Charles Rangel (Democrat - NY) introduced a bill (Universal National Service Act of 2006 - HR 4752 IH) aiming at drafting everyone - men and women alike - from the ages of 18 to 42 into the military for a minimum period of 2 years.

Or to quote the bill: "To provide for the common defense by requiring all persons in the United States, including women, between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

The House is to convene on June 6 (06/06/06] to debate and possibly adopt this bill, that is, unless a vast public outcry succeeds in derailing this insanity, which you can do by writing a letter of protest to your congress person through http://www.conservativeusa.org/mega-cong.htm or http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

Phone calls are even better. The numbers of all US representatives are at:
http://clerk.house.gov/members/index.html

If you question the validity of this bill, go to:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-4


****************************************************

And Here Is What I Wrote To Representative Christopher John:

Representative John,

Good Morning. I'm hoping that this email doesn't get lost in the many. My name is Damien Cross and I am in opposition to H.R. 4752 due to the fact that, speaking for myself, I find myself both ethically and morally appalled at the act of war.

Like many of my friends, I'm of the mind that killing is not only needless and useless but it is preventable and it is avoidable.

Does this mean that I hold this moral and ethical code against our soldiers currently serving? Not at all. Many of them had their reasons for enlisting and I cannot bring myself to apply my ethics and morals to them. This is the true price of freedom in this nation, simply letting others do as they wish whether I agree to it or not.

To me, mass killing of people is an abhorrent act and we have laws in this nation against the killing of people. There are currently convicted murderers sitting in prison right now and the taxpayer is paying out hundreds of thousands of dollars to house them for life in a lot of cases. If it is a crime and is immoral here then the same applies to another country. With that, I must also add that taking a non-combative part in a war effort would make me as morally and ethically accountable for people being killed as though I've done it myself. I would take on a responsibility for that killing. I refuse in any way to be responsible for anyone's death or injury.

Taking part in or directly contributing to someone's death denies that person a chance to change and, for some who have directly contributed, that part is hard to "turn off" in terms of conscience.

Representative John, I'm a firm believer in the sanctity of life. Not just yours or mine or even this great nations Way of Life but of ALL life regardless of opinion, color, creed, background, etc. Each human life on this planet represents one possibility that the quality of life for everyone in this great planet of ours may become better.

There are a great many serving their communities by doing things independently and that's what we need more of. More of this would simply take away from service of all respective communities independently and it would only further serve to weaken this great nation as well.

I would hope that you would see that many of us who live as we do are hoping to change the world...starting with ourselves, serving to set ourselves as the examples for the rest of humanity but doing so silently.

If each of us could take on such a task, we could strengthen this nation and our entire society as a whole. Then, we could truly call ourselves higher beings by using our minds instead of violence.

I thank you for your time and your consideration.

Sincerely,
Damien Cross

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

You pretty much put it all into prospective.Good post.
((hugs))

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home