|

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Long And Short Of It All (The Day The Whole World Went Away)

I think I'm just gonna leave this post for this blog....maybe not. Depends really on how many epiphanies I churn out.

Some think I'm educated. I've been called a modern-day prophet by some, kook by others, mysterious, shit, the list goes on and on. Many different schools of thought in the Great Pool of Humankind. Not all of them like me very much to be honest. I can't say I blame them. Means my job is being done.

About the only thing that really disappoints me is that really, it's all an illusion. I did a decent job on it, sure, but I'm in no way larger than life. I just do what I do and then do what I want.

It's really simple actually, nothing to it. No mystery, no fuss, no really big bang, just a lotta web-weaving to either allure you or repulse you. There's no middle ground there. That's a set of absolutes.

Sure, I'm out to prove that there are so-called "absolutes" that are bullshit. You don't need college. If you really want to learn something, go learn it. Teach yourself, get with others. It's part and parcel of The Human Condition. Never get picky over one issue or one way of doing it if the outcome is a happy one and mutually beneficial.

Never let someone tell you you're doing something the wrong way unless they can prove it. If you can perform the same task without all the bells and whistles, you just found less-strenuous way of doing it.

Never hang on every word someone says. Not even mine. Remember that everyone has an agenda. Remember that even I am guilty of the knee-jerk reaction.

Always do something that scares the hell out of you. It will mold and shape you for years to come.

Remember there is no classroom like the classroom of life and experience is always the best professor but focus, learn, and concentrate.

Always strive for strength of mind, body and spirit. With the three working in unison, you'll never fail and if you do, you'll keep going until you succeed or finish.

And finally, the biggest piece of advice I can give anyone; When things go wrong, don't go with them. You'll put your best foot forward and, eventually, feel a greater sense than accomplishment. Fall back on that previous bit if you ever doubt it.

I still remember in school, we focused so hard on what was ahead of us that some of us nearly never enjoyed the moment. Some of us lost sight continually on what was in the here and now. Is it any wonder we find ourselves fascinated by Michel de Nostradame and his "Prophecies" that can only be used after the fact.

If nothing else just remember that Yesterday's Gone, Today Is Here and None Of Us Are Guaranteed Tomorrow. Have a good day everyone.

Come to think about it, I'd rather like sharing this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home