|

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Adventures In Correspondance

Ok, so out of four people that I've written (all of them incarcerated) only one has responded. After two letters from her we've covered the subjects of The Occult, Life in our respective microcosms, music and our typical day-to-day. Interesting conversations to say the least.

Well, after much poking and prodding from my friends as to what she's done to land herself in prison, I've decided that it was time to look it up. Fine, great. You know, I wasn't going to ask. Why? It's not necessarily someone's past that concerns me a great deal but who they are and what they're doing now. What have they learned from their past? How have they matured since then? What sort of plans for the future do they have? What sort of life are they going to make for themselves?

You see, with people in prison, all the outsiders see is the bottom line...what they've done. There is no consideration as to what had actually occurred, it's guilt, plain and simple. It saddens me to see that type of mentality. I'm not saying it's right by any means but I do understand it. Still, I decided to do the search through the TDCJ database to see what, if anything, was on her record.
In my mind, I figured that it was probably some really numbfuck charge and she got a real prick of a hanging judge for that one. What did I find? Aggravated Robbery. Ok. I do know she mentioned in her first letter to me that she "was collateral damage behind someone else's bullshit." Personally, she's had enough people doubting her. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt but, still, I'll never ask. I know all I need to know and we're getting along through this correspondance. We share a lot of the same interests and we just have a lot to talk about in general. Sounds good to me.

What do I get in the meantime? I'm getting the fuck ribbed outta me that I have a would-be stalker on my hands. I'm not pissed about it but, please, people, get some new material. I was expecting that much at least.

Try to do some good somewhere and you get it in the side, yeah? This, however, isn't the worst of it. I'm getting slammed around like Napoleon Dynamite going up against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX on the WM3 board by two people who aren't supporters whose tampons have their fuses lit...and they're quick-burning. No lie, you prove them wrong and they simply resort to mudslinging and namecalling.

Lord Genocyde's Message to them:
Hey, you know, I know what it's like to be a geek and not be able to get a date for saturday night but I am living proof that a comic-book readin, D&D playin, Technocrat CAN get laid. If you can't then how about GETTING THE FUCK OUTTA YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT FOR A FUCKIN CHANGE! I do believe I have won that arguement! And to them, I give the 21-Fuck You Cannon Salute. End of Transmission.

Now, back to the story. So anyway, this penpal thing has been bloody awesome for something to do when I have fuck-all else to do, which happens these days during the weekdays. Guess what? Not much in the way of activity online late at night so I hit those lulls. Those lulls are what led me to inmatesforyou.com in the first place. Besides, the one that didn't respond to me that is also in Texas is in for Murder. Yeah, I looked her up too. One of the letters was actually returned. She wasn't there in Indiana and no forwarding address. Probably for the best. My world is a dark one. Not one that many are willing to go headlong into for participation if you know what I mean. Each day is a fight against daylight and it's harmful effects on me. This part actually makes it bearable and worthwhile. Can't begrudge a man that much...ok, half-man. I think. My genetics and metaphysical makeup still make no sense to me, then again, much about my own life doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps that's why I'm writing to those whose lives are in turmoil as well. I identify with them and find a means of that dangerous thing called hope at times. I would hope that I do the same for them.

Funny how I'm being ribbed for writing to someone in Texas but no one objected to me writing to three people in Arkansas locked up for a horrible triple murder. While I don't believe they did it, I still didn't get ribbed up for that one. No one looked unfavorably upon that. Writing one woman locked up for aggravated robbery (and I don't know the particulars) ...I get it in the nuts over that one.

I'm sorry but did I miss a fuckin meeting somewhere? Where the hell is my memo?

I like her as a friend, someone with whom to just shoot the breeze. Bara and Pet think I have an official date, as do many with whom I work.

Does she know everything about me? Hell no. There are just some things about me that people shouldn't know! Do I have things to hide? Goddamn right. Some things are just in the Nunya family, if you smell what I'm cookin' and I personally do not care what others may think of that. The things people choose not to talk about are no one's business but their own. That's part and parcel of my philosophy.

Still, I got her letter yesterday and I wrote her back and had the letter sent off the same day. It was another five-pager. She should be getting that pretty soon. This weekend, I'll be taking more pics and sending some of them off to her as well. Why not? She's already got old ones of me. Might as well send her something updated.

Bara has been ribbing me that she might come out of prison searching for me with a fetish for dudes in uniform. Ummm....riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm sure she's gonna show up creaming over cuffs. I'm sorry, but if I were in her position, I would be just as happy never seeing another cop as long as I lived. She knows about the 'net DJ gig but not the C.O. gig. Goddamn, I've scared off enough people in my life, last thing I need is my job making them go, "Oh fuck...get away!" and running like hell in the process. Another joke is that she's locked up for stalking and/or killing 'net DJs. I'm sorry but 'net DJs hardly existed back in '97.

Still, the letters have been written, just waiting for the next one. Later taters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home