|

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Damien's Funeral Playlist

There was an interesting question I was asked and I figured I'd go ahead and list my songs...plural. I've got a playlist for ya though it's not in any real order.

The Murderdolls - People Hate Me

Well, this song I had to pick because mostly it's loud, obnoxious and sorta conveys a mutual sentiment I have with a majority of the population of this town.

Faith And The Muse - Cantus.

Gotta play the remix of the song I'm using as a theme song for my show. It's big and apocalyptic in sound. Combine that with Monica Richards singing in latin and it's just all around fuck off beautiful

Type O Negative - 12 Black Rainbows

This song starting out with "Idle hands may be the Devil's work / unbridled minds, you see, are so much worse." and I think that about sums it up.

Ozzy Osbourne & Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever

Hey, why not? Lita was a little hottie...and still is.

Evanescence - Anywhere

Gotta love this one and the overall performance of this song was beautifully done. Last thing I want people doing is sobbing like little girls with skinned knees into their drinks during the funeral...someone better be drunk as shit and partying.

Scum of The Earth - Altargirl 13

Hey, these guys have never made women who let themselves be used as altars sound so damn sexy.

Immune System - We Are Elite

Comin from my friend Todd Ruzicka...I think the name says it all, even if some can't handle it.

Collide - Beneath The Skin

It's one of my favorite and most powerful songs by Collide. You can't beat their sound and, for anyone without 6 left feet such as I....Dance sonsabitches!

KMFDM - Dogma

I've always loved this one and it's been the best social statement ever made by a band and, frighteningly enough, it's timeless as hell.

Starlit - Transformation

Simara Rose really kicks ass on this one, combining her sensuality with her teasing and taunting playful side and giving it to you straight whether or not you like it. I figure that with this one, it's all about attitude.

Diverje - Individual

self-explanatory

Nightwish - Dark Chest of Wonders

...just cuz I dig it.

Evanescence - Whisper

Because, much like this song, I'm comin back to haunt at least one motherfucker.

The Imperial March (The Virus Remix)

Gotta play my rock remix of this old fave to close out the festivities.

Now, in true show style, I'mma leave everyone there with enough time for a request or two so the playlist will actually be longer than that but I hope that helps.

I'm done, that's it. That's all I have. Hope you weren't too disappointed.

*end transmission*

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

What a list.I never thought about putting together my own tunes for when I bite the dust...but you just gave me a good idea(thanks)
I have had so many brushes w/ death,I can't count Damien.Ohhh,if u only knew,and God forbid I try and list all the mess and hospital stays I've been through.....my Dad says he never thought I would make it to see 30 years old.He already had his suit ready back in my back-to-back wrecks and O.D.'s etc...Sad.Pneumonia ...and well fewer wrecks seem to cause me trips to the hospital NOW....but look at what today is.9/11.So you never know when it's gona be your time.
But I totally agree w/ Bunny.You are such an awesome guy...you better be planning on sticking around for many years to come.You may sometimes give the impression that you are one hardened mean-ass dude....but we both know...you have a heart of GOLD and your just one muscle bound handsome,thoughtful teddy bear!! And just so loveable!!
great big hugs!!
T.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home