|

Monday, September 11, 2006

In Retrospect (Bouncing Back)


Oh Look...I'm Back Online... Posted by Picasa

Some might classify it as the most insane story ever told. Some would classify it a work of fiction but through all of it, I can guarantee you that everything happened. If you hear something about me, chances are, it's true...even the negative things.

I can say that, hindsight being what it is, my life has been interesting. The last post...the one about the playlist for my funeral has had me thinking a lot about that.

I've had so many close calls and, for each of them, I've had to bury someone else. Perhaps this is why I'm so damned reclusive. All these things that have risen and taken arms against me, they've seen that, to thier horror, I've come back each time.

It's sad to look at old pictures of yourself from way back when and think, "Damn shame he died when he did." That's what I always think. That kid everyone used to know as a little wierd has become the man they fear in most cases.

This particular trip around the block has been a strange one. As I've gone headlong into it, completely twisted, I can say that there has been a lot in my pastline that I wish I could go back and do over again. So much I'm not proud of but then again, not one single regret.

Now, I say scrap that playlist. Don't bother with it. Why? They'll only be holding a funeral for a corpse. It won't be me in the box or the urn. It will be what's left of a half-life, a reanimation, something...that maybe should not have lived but, inexplicably, did. The truth is, while I don't plan on inhabiting this body for too many of your years, I know something most will never know.

Everyone, go out and grab your telescopes tonight, plug in the coordinates for a celestial body that is known as Libra RA 14h 48m 5s D-02 23'. This is the one to keep your eyes on. I say this because, as of the 27th of this very month, that one small (or seemingly so) celestial body will make me immortal. That's right, I cannot be killed as of that date.

To those that hate me, you still have a little time...just not much.

On the 27th, Libra RA 14h 48m 5s D-02 23' will be known as Damien V. Cross. Many many centuries, even millennia ago, there were heroes of myth and legend, people who killed a great many others and died in the process having heavenly bodies named for them. I never killed a man, I was always known as a villain more than a hero but, still, someone thought it might be a good idea to immortalize me.

Yes, I'm going to be around for many many years ...centuries...millennia...who knows? Whenever you feel like things are impossible, look to the sky at night, see the spectacular sight of the moon, see those beautiful clusters of stars. I'm up there with the rest of them. I'm keeping an eye out for you and I'm never far away. I'm up there with billions and billions of people who've become an immortal like myself and, who knows? That star may be the sun to a planetary system. Imagine that.

For now, though, I'm off to bed...rough night at work.

Love you all.

Damien V. Cross
DeQuincy, LA
8:50 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home