|

Friday, November 03, 2006

This Old (Haunted?) House

This house of mine has a reputation. Not many have lived here and stayed for any substantial length of time. I was once told by a friend who lived here of some of it's many odd nuances.

"Place is fuckin...goddamn strange man," Dave told me. Dave and I had grown up together since kindergarten. That night, I was watching his band, From Ruin, practice in thier band house which was not much more than a run-down trailer in the middle of nowhere.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, "Sure, I've had some pretty off-the-wall stuff happen in there but nothing hair-raising."

"Yeah?" he asked, "Well you need to talk to my dad about that. We stayed for about three months in that place and it was bad...just fuckin horrible. That place is notorious for just eating things."

"Eating things?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said, "Like shit just disappears."

"I had always chalked that one up to dishonest roomies," I told him, recalling when my celtic cross ring went missing as many things did.

I've had some pretty odd experiences here, most of which I've attributed to too much sleep or lack thereof, possible drafty spots, etc. The ring, however, was a different story. i recall putting it next to the sink in the bathroom as I was apt to do and then, it was gone. Even after a couple spring cleanings, the ring never turned up.

Dave started naming the list of things that went missing while he and his family lived there. Some of them made no sense. Entire posters off of walls, pictures, clothing, personal items.

"The shit part of it is," he continued, "all the crap at the back was ok."

"The back?" I asked, "What the hell made that so important?"

"Beats me," he said, finishing his beer and tossing the can into the huge bonfire, "Fuckin place is wierd dude."

Later on, my landlord would confirm that the bedroom in which I'm sitting as I write this was once a doctor's office. The living room was the waiting room, the smaller bedroom adjacent to the living room was an exam room and the bathroom has never changed. That was 70 plus years ago. Later on, at the rear of the house, an additional bedroom and kitchen were later added.

Sometimes there are creaks and noises. Sometimes, even now, things still go missing that do not make any sense. I don't try to explain them. I don't know for sure what any of them are. I've been told by people there are about 7 different energies in my house other than my own. I've even been informed by others that they recieve emanations from my wall that are unwholesome to say the least.

If you believe in ghosts, this house might have what you're looking for.

If you don't, it's just an old house.

There are still far more things than any of us are able to perceive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home