|

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Episode 85: In The Air Tonight

Stepping outside to mail off the letters made me realize something as I felt the first ever morning chill of the year. Winter looms in the distance ready to grace me with her touch. I felt it and I closed my eyes. I didn't move. I just stood there on my front porch, letters in hand and felt that beautiful chill in the air.I could feel vitality begin to renew itself in me but what I can't understand is why have I been so restless this year? I've barely been able to sit down and write. I've barely been able to sit down and do anything. Reading only gets accomplished when I'm on the toilet and even my attention span is short for that. My mind has been going a million miles per nanosecond and I couldn't seem to slow the hell down.

Things this year have just been all-around wierd as hell. For anyone that's been following this blog as I've written in it as faithfully a manner as I could muster, though, at times, it has been a bit labored.

If it's one thing I don't like doing, it's complaining a lot. I don't write about work much because, quite frankly, there isn't much other than a few coworkers who've somehow deluded themselves into thinking that I'm being groomed for lieutenant. Bullshit. I'm under no false pretenses. I've been blacklisted for the past four years. If it were so imperative that I be promoted, it would have happened already. Incidentally, I never took that test. Not by choice it's because no one bothered to tell me that I had to fill out paperwork for it. Not that it matters. Right now, my supervisors are of the firm belief that I did it on purpose.

Schedule it for a day I'm off. There is no way I'm staying up to take that test only to come in on maybe a couple hours of sleep. Mike had put in for a lieutenant's position again recently and was edged out at the last minute...again. Even he's given up. I can't say I blame him on that one. It's just a job, people. Now that we have a new governor elect it may become much worse. This one had expressed an interest in privatizing the whole rotten mess. If it happens, I walk out early. I'll be out of that front gate so fast, I'll amaze the likes of David Blaine and Criss Angel with how fast I fly out of there.

I'm getting way off base here. The first few signs of Winter making her approach are here. I checked the weather. By the time my vacation starts (Monday, the 22nd), the lows will be in the upper 40s...beautiful. I've been sitting here, eagerly awaiting the arrival of my long-lost world of the bitter cold. Fine time for me to do the opposite of what most do.

If you think it's staying up all night, I do that anyway. Nope, time for me to whip my nocturnal ass into shape. Granted, I'm not one of those gigantors out there that is suffering from dunlap syndrome (belly dunlapped over the belt) but, let's face it, I could be a lot lighter and feel a lot better.

Enter 15-Minute Hell.

Chris "Lt. X" Pizzo designed a system based on Judo to lose weight and build muscle you'll use in everyday life. I just got my DVD and my Adrenaline CD in yesterday and checked it out. All these exercises were specifically timed to be done in 15 minutes and that is the entire length of your workout. Over an 8-Week period, it's supposed to tone your muscles, "blow torch" excess body fat make you more flexible and heighten stamina. Let me tell you from just having tried that workout yesterday, it was about 50 degrees in my living room and I was sweating like I'd just been on a bike ride through Death Valley wearing black leather from head to toe. They're not screwing around, this thing's intense. Screw Bowflex and that gym membership...I'm just gonna go steady with this instead. By week Eight, I should have the physique I've always wanted. I've been close once but now, I'm going to get it. I've already been shedding some size off of my waist from the dieting but I think if I combine that with this...yeah, I'll have the look I want and, yes, I'll even post the pics.

Now, onto other things, the show is about to undergo a few final tweaks. First, we're going to be doing more shows. Monday Nights from 5pm - 9pm Central, Wednesday Nights from 5pm - 9pm Central, Friday Nights from 5pm - 7pm Central on KrushRadio.com and then the usual Tuesday slots from 7pm - Whenever on DarksideRadio.com and we're looking forward to it. Leave it to the detractors...they're suddenly distancing themselves from the fact that they've inspired me to be on the air a little more. These guys are a real howl, aren't they? Whenever you come across them, be sure to thank them for bringing you more Genocyde. Second thing, I'm also going to do a show on Devil's Night (The Night Before Halloween) and would like to hear your ideas for what costume I should don next year. Before you go ranting about me being like a damn kid, you should know by now that I am. I'm a huge kid. I like having a lot of fun and, to me, getting into costume and running around, checking out the other costumes is fun to me. This year I'm gonna go as this Michale Graves-ish zombie. Why? I love zombies. BTW, before you call into the show, claiming I should run around in my monkeysuit, going as a damn C.O., forget about it. I am most certainly not doing that one for any reason. I also draw the line at skirts (kilts don't count) so get those fairy costume ideas outta your head. We're going to do a Devil's Night show just for the fun of it. After my vacation ends...expect more Genocyde. Third, certainly not the least of the items and one that I'm most proud of...new theme music. Normally, I'm changing the theme with the music I have. First it was my rock remix of The Imperial March, then it was Faith And The Muse "Cantus," then it was Hatebreed "I Will Be Heard," and after that, KMFDM "Stars And Stripes." This theme, however is very special. Why? Glad you asked.

A few months ago, I'd emailed Todd Ruzicka in the UK. For those of you familiar with my show, you know I play Immune System like it's nobody's business. Well, that's Todd's baby and I was interested in how march-like many of his songs were. I approached him about a new theme and he happily took the job. He played with it and played with it and couldn't come up with anything. He kept apologizing for how long it was taking but I kept reminding him that I am patient. I'd rather wait a year and have something good come out rather than something that was just kinda cooked out of stuff from the cutting room floor in a week. Finally, he'd given up. I assured him that it was all good and that we had the utmost faith in his musical talents (not to mention the heavy doses of underlying metaphysical strength his songs bear) and that he could continue or lay it to rest. Either way, I wasn't disappointed. Had he chosen to quit, at least he'd given it his all. He contacted us back and told us that work would continue. I was elated.

I just got the theme today...Immune System's "Total Genocyde." I was bouncing all over the damn living room as I listened to this song. It was huge in sound and in scope, it definitely sounds like a march being played that you'd rather not hear, as it's the herald of my oncoming occupation forces and the drumbeats are simply brutal. I could see the images in my head and I thought, "The only tragedy to this is I'm not a wrestler or I'd use it in that respect too." This song doesn't have anything in the way of lyrics except Todd repeating the title "Total Genocyde" three times toward the end. I think it's perfect. I just have to make two tiny editions and then...that's it. It will be ready for airplay with the next show.

Ladies and gentlemen, Lady Winter approaches us. Once again, I ready myself for the magickal world of crystalline frost everywhere and the welcoming bite of the cold outside. I ready myself for the longer nights and shorter days. How I've longed for these nights and now, they're coming and I couldn't be happier. Well, then again, Misty could be down here so I could quit snuggling a damn pillow in her place but soon...soon.

As for me, folks, time for me to hit the rack. I've got a workout routine starting tomorrow where Lord Genocyde will begin to take shape and I will forge myself into something resembling the comic-book ubervillain...on the outside, anyway.

This is the winter of Total Genocyde.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I expect to see your before and after pictures posted. Contact our offices if you need any help.

Train Smart,

Chris "Lt. X" Pizzo

10:24 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

What the....?
Are u posting somewhere else?WTF?
You know I dore you...but don't make me get CRUNK w/ you !!(lol)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home