|

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Genocydal Empyre v3.0 News for 2/16/08

Greetings Genocydal Maniacs!

Coming up, this Tuesday, The 19th on http://www.darksideradio.com/ I'll be premiering some new stuff that you've never heard on our show before, as promised, AND I'm going to be giving you the straight talk on the recent rash of school shootings that have been going on. I'm not going to spare feelings, I'm gonna call these tragic events as I see them and I'm not going to be giving out a buncha knee-jerk reaction to it. I'm going to just give you nothing but fact and further statistics to the contrary that we seem to keep having pounded into us by those jerks in the media who seem to be leaning toward their candidate for office (geez...wonder who that could be?). Tune in at the following times (gotta get these out of the way so that you can mark them down on your calendars):

http://www.darksideradio.com/ (click on the dancing skeletons to tune in)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
8pm EST
7pm Central
6pm GMT
5pm Pacific

Ok, now, with that out of the way, let's get onto some really interesting stuff here.

It was my "morning" walk this morning and all the news that inspired my recent post on my self-defense of a friend's messageboard. It took me nearly an hour to write the rant with some common-sense approaches that boiled down to "Hey America, Take Some Initiative." and for those who are in favor of gun control, I have this to say...I LOVE gun control. I'm all for it! I think more of it's needed and I think what that entails is YOU getting the training, YOU using both hands and YOU hitting your target. That's Gun Control! So when asked if I'm a Gun Control Advocate...Yes, I Am! Am I in favor of Gun Control Legislation? Hell No! Criminals continue to ignore those laws while we keep becoming victims. I made up my mind a long time ago that I wasn't going to be one, hence the reason that I began studying self-defense in every realistic aspect. I thought this one point was something that everyone should know and this will be the reason that I talk about it for this upcoming show.

Podcasting...boy does that ever continue to haunt us. PodOMatic has proven itself to be anything but user-friendly and more of a dog-and-pony show. We learned this after I got a lengthy earful of an explanation from a friend and fellow 'net radio personality as to how the hell I'm to use it. G-Cast has screwed up so badly that we can't use it and while we'll try to grin and bear PodOMatic for the moment, all the talk segments that we will be podcasting we're going to be releasing some of the classics onto iTunes for free. While we reserve the right to play music for free, we're not putting that up on iTunes...just our talk and interview segments which have proven to be really funny at times.

Merch...Another problem we've had. We've seen a huge push over to a shop called zazzle.com and we've officially killed the Cafe Press shop we owned. Why? Well, we're paying out for the premium shop and making zip. Granted, that could be lack of marketing on our part but we've looked and compared the two and what we found out is that we could do so much more on the Zazzle shop for free than we can on the Cafe Press shop losing money. While I've never complained about tossing out the small monthly fee they've wanted, I figured if I can do more and better for free, I'll do it...this way I don't mark up as much on the shirts or whatever it is you feel like buying. Plus, Misty's been doing some awesome work on the thumbnails so, expect to see some new fonts, logos and whatever else we feel like throwing onto a T-shirt. Got some ideas? Hey! Throw 'em our way! If we can make 'em work, we'll stick 'em up there and give YOU full credit for the design. Whatever your idea is, it has to relate in some way to the show. That's our only stipulation.

Interviews...Here's my one of my favorite parts and I couldn't resist posting about this one kinda early so you can all get this one ready for your blog, your messageboard, whatever, I don't care where or when you post it, just do. We'll be kicking off our interviews for 2008 on March 1st with one that I thought would never happen until now. First, let me introduce you, the list to a man that I've had the honor and pleasure of meeting two years ago and, let me tell you, if you haven't met him yet, you should take the opportunity to meet him on the first.

His name is John Mark Byers and he has an amazing story to tell you. After losing his son, Christopher, on May 5, 1993 in a horrible triple murder, he found himself suddenly thrust into national media spotlight with H.B.O.'s documentary "Paradise Lost: The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills." The portrait of Mr. Byers that many people remember from "Paradise Lost" and "Paradise Lost 2" is that of an angry father who only wanted justice for the murder of his son. While many of us could understand his pain and grief, we could not understand the direction in which it was pointed. Understandably, his anger intensified when people who'd become aware of this case began to act. For those of you unfamiliar with The Strange Case of The West Memphis Three, now would be the time to become familiar.

What some of us saw with John Mark Byers was an angry Southern Man speaking out every bit as high in volume as supporters. Now, the volume hasn't been turned down in any respect...if anything, it's been turned up even louder than what some of your own speakers can handle. He's still angry...Southern Tornado Angry but, no longer is he angry at The West Memphis Three, the supporters or himself. Now, we are seeing a much different side of John Mark Byers...we're seeing the REAL John Mark Byers, a calm, rational and analytical, down-home, common sense Proud Southerner who's desire to see justice for the murder of his son has gone unflinching and unwavering.

What makes this particular upcoming interview so exciting is that he'll be able to tell his own story and answer your questions which I'll be taking via Yahoo Instant Messenger and we'll get to hear the man tell the story in his own words. We'll have the humor and the tragedy and we'll also have the honor of having his wife on the show with us to discuss his life, his book "Untying The Knot: John Mark Byers And The West Memphis Child Murders" which you can purchase at http://www.johnmarkbyers.com/ and you can also read the blog by clicking the link at the bottom of the page on the left.

In beginning the 2008 radio year, we hope to raise our own standards to make this monster even bigger and meaner. I'm looking to install a few more gnarly fangs and some more razor-like claws in there. Who knows what may happen this year but with interviews and all this wickedly killer music coming out, one thing is for certain...we're not resting on any-damn-thing...much less our laurels...whatever the hell those are.

In the meantime, people, stay hard, stay true and stay frosty!

Starting A R/Evolution,
Lord Genocyde

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home