|

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Lord Genocyde Show Episode 6 Casting Call



Hi Everyone,

Right now, I'm currently working on The Lord Genocyde Show Episode 6: The Panopticon Project. While I've already got some of the integral parts filmed, I still need individual responses and this past couple of weeks has proven beyond doubt to be the most frustrating. I haven't been able to find one single person who wants to appear even briefly in a short film in this small town. Frustrating as it is, these same people can be overheard swooning over the next huge media flops (Britney Spears...another fine Louisiana Product *note the overbearing sarcasm*) stating, "I wish I could make millions and be in movies." While it's true that no one's making millions from this project (hey, least of all me here) I still need some individual responses. So here's what I've come up with so far.

Many of us have webcams and if you have one, you can record yourself. Once you record yourself you can send those files to me via YouSendIt.com. If you do submit videos, here's what will happen.

First, if selected, you'll be featured in the video and in the credits.

Second, your video or video recordings will only be edited to include a music soundtrack and the question itself. That means that while the music is playing the question will appear in text and then include your answer and the answers of others.

Now, what would you need to do? Simple! Please follow the instructions carefully.

First, record yourself answering the following questions. Please try to make a separate video file for each question.

1. Do you know what Panopticon is? Don't do a Google Search on this, a simple yes, no or even a wild guess would be sufficient.

2. If left up to you would you allow surveillance cameras to be posted on every street corner, lightpost and stoplight of your town, regardless of size? Why?

3. What is your opinion of our own Government's desire to perform such an action? Why?

4. What would be your opinion of cameras in disguise monitoring every street corner, intersection and all public places? Why?

5. Would you allow such cameras into your home simply based on the fact that you have nothing to hide? Why?

Ok, now those are five really easy questions. On to step two.

Second, Highlight each of the video files and then save them to a zipped (compressed) file. If the file size is more than what the free YouSendIt will allow you to use, simply email me at TotalGenocyde@gmail.com and I'll allow you use of my personal account to send me up to two gigs.

Third, email me with the following information you'd like to use in your videos

Name: (screen names or nicknames work)
Location: (you can leave this one blank, it's really optional)
Age: (What this does is give the viewer an idea of what type of demographic I'm reaching)

Fourth and final, Once you're on YouSendIt, send the file to TotalGenocyde@gmail.com. If it's easier for you to send it file by file, please do so.

After that, just sit back and chill. I'll be posting some updates on it here and there. This episode is going to take awhile. For most of the episodes, I've just been sitting back here in the studio (actually the western part of my living room) and using the webcam but this one is special as it's the first one I've taken out of the studio (living room) and finally hit the street with it.

Most of the music that will be used will be from two CDs entitled Resist The Command and Resist The Command 2. You can find these CDs in the $5 CD Sales Bin alongside many, many others at DSBP's Website. I urge you all to get copies of these two CDs (Resist The Command 2 is a two-disc set) and really take a listen to them. If you'd like to try it before you buy it, then stay tuned both to my videos, the 'net radio shows on DarksideRadio.com and Tommy T's Cyberage every Sunday Morning at 3am to hear music from these very powerful CDs.

I hope that some of you out there will answer this call and take full advantage of the chance to give yourselves a voice.

Sincerely,
Lord Genocyde

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home