|

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Episode 86: Goin' To Hell And I Ain't Comin' Back pt. 1

Three Days, that's how long I've been working on the 15 Minute Hell program and I can tell you one thing...believe the hype.

The last time I weighed myself, I was a 212lbs. That was several months ago and not all of it was muscle. Not to mention, I was getting nowhere fast. I was killing myself running (sometimes up to 20 minutes at a time), dieting was getting me some results but it was slow as hell, even weights were doing nothing but packing on more pounds because muscle weighs more than the excess fat.

I was sick of my lack of results.

Having tried everything else, I decided to try 15 Minute Hell.

After three days, I weigh in at 196.5 lbs. Not bad, considering I was doing nothing more than sitting on my lazy behind at this computer a lot if I wasn't watching movies. I drank Cokes and Pepsis left and right, very slowly phasing them out until now. I never went to the gym. I never used the AbLounge I got. Finally, I was sick of my jeans (size 36) only getting tighter...boy wasn't that a sign. Just two years prior to that, I could tighten my belt to it's last notch and was contemplating getting a smaller one. Now, I just wear sweatpants a majority of the time. While I've managed in the past several months to lose a little bit (the pants weren't so damn snug all the time) I still wanted to get back down to a size 34 and have those fit somewhat loose on me. In three days, I've already lost two and a half pounds. Not bad. In eight weeks it's going to be even better.

The physical progression hasn't been very noticeable to me but now, when friends view me on webcam, they're telling me that my jaw is becoming more defined. That's a fact that I'm loving and more reason for me to keep going. I'm getting to where I feel better, more energetic...after only three days! Want more details? How's this?

Day 1: I began by just doing the typical 15-Minute Hell workout. I was sweating my balls off and winded as shit after it was all over. All I wanted to do was sit down, regain my breath and get back to normal. Geez, when they called it 15-Minute HELL they weren't fucking about. It's pure torture in areas. A few hours later, my legs were killing me but I still went for a long, brisk walk to work the kinks out. I felt alive despite my crazy intention to follow this shit.

Day 2: I was up most of the day waiting on a phone call that was hours away. Since I had the time and it was less than 13 hours later, I packed up, headed back to the gym and did it again. This time, I didn't feel as winded as I did before, and I hit the treadmill for about five minutes before I did the actual workout. I actually breathed a little better and it felt good to do this workout. It was still a bit grueling in some areas but I knew one thing from taking that before pic and printing it up and posting it to my fridge. I could quit doing the most grueling parts and continue to wear sweatpants everyday I was off OR I could keep going and finally look the way I wanted to, feel better and, furthermore, drastically reduce any health risks I may face years from now.

Day 3: My back and legs were killing me. I didn't want to do this again but I thought that if I picked up and went to the gym, I might just change my mind. I started with a run on the treadmill...this time, 8.5 minutes. I did some free weight dumbbells next. Just some light weight exercises for the shoulders and triceps. Cable rows were next at three sets of ten reps at 85 lbs. Same for the tricep extension machine at 55 lbs. Then, the stationary bike and the elliptical for about 10 minutes each. All to the tune of the Adrenaline CD. Since I'd already done so much, I figured I might as well use the 15-Minute Hell DVD to wrap it all up. So it was back to the dojo section with the portable DVD player to go through it. This time, the workout didn't seem as grueling as it did before. It wasn't as labored but I still have to do it awhile before I'm able to fully keep up.

More of me, as of right now, is stiff but I still feel better than I did three days ago and the physical progression and the mental discipline (habit) is becoming more and more ingrained into my head. No, I'm not posting that before pic yet. That only comes out once I'm done.

Don't worry, people, I'll keep you posted on the progression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home