|

Friday, April 18, 2008

Episode 97: Between Alpha And Omega

There are times when I truly question things. There are times when I truly question my own judgment. Take message boards for example. These things can be a shitload of fun. Then again, they can be a real pain in the damn ass too. More often than not, the latter has proven true.

Granted, I'm not one to complain about putting in some effort for some type of recognition. I'm all for letting a self-evident end result just do that for me. If I can look at something with the knowledge that I helped build it, I don't need anyone else to tell me jack shit. I don't need anyone else to tell me how great something looks. I'm fucking looking at it and it looks pretty awesome from here.

At first, I just didn't want to deal with WM3.org's board but now, I don't want to deal with ANY damn board associated with that case. They're like hurricanes, in my opinion. They start out kind of exciting and they end in complete disaster. Let me let you, my dear readers in on a little bit of advice. If anyone truly values your friendship, they should never ask you to join these boards. If there's perhaps a small lapse in judgment on their part, don't take it personally...just do the right and proper thing and pass. If you're already involved, best of luck.

See, I ended up on a no-shit private board. It's one of those invitation only kinda deals. You get invited, you join and what happens on that board, stays there. Now what happened between the time I got the invitation until now is what's interesting. Apparently, somehow, (and I must have a pretty colossal power that I'm not quite aware of yet) I got blamed for starting the thing. Now this went on for quite some time. At that time, I was just one of your run-of-the-mill low-level posters. Later on, I was an administrator and then, recently, I literally had the responsibility of running the board handed to me. I was, officially, a no-shit board runner of sorts. Now, I volunteered myself for that position because the person who owned it was going through some shit that wouldn't allow them to continue running it. Granted, I've bitten my tongue on being kept out of the loop in a lot of shit recently but I wanted to go ahead and rework a few things. I'd seen where other boards had failed and I wasn't going to let that happen. I was going to succeed where others had failed miserably.

So you figure that spending a few hours working offline might have an effect. Well, it would have but apparently, it wasn't enough to leave the board for five damn minutes. When I got back 24 hours later, everything had gone to hell. Half the damn board including some of my sections were gone. Blasted into oblivion in the click of a mouse and here I was, fuming. Yep, I felt like I'd just fucked my way to the middle and the bad part was...the lay wasn't even decent. Someone else wanted this job worse than me, it seems.

Now, emails were coming in left and right, demanding explanations. Hey, I had no problem with that. Dammit, I wanted one too but by the end of the night, I ended up committing myself to a dramatic reappraisal of the situation. I'd been fired. Without notice, I'd been fired in less than a week. Now, perhaps it was impatience. Maybe it was jealousy. Hell, who knows but finally, after being circumvented nine ways to sundown, I pretty much packed my shit from the one section of mine that was left open and I left. Fuck it.

Let's face it, I'd had all I could possibly take. There were no emails sent prior to the unceremonious deletion of my sections. No emails, no phone calls, no voicemails...nothing. If I was to do a job then, stay out of my damn way and let me do it. If I wasn't going to be at least kept in the loop until after the fact then, obviously, I'm of fuck all help. So all the work I did...I should have spent it playing a video game.

That's when the thought occurred to me...I just might. Perhaps it's time that the Crusader Armor gets tossed to the bottom of that pile of shit in the closet and left to rust in peace. Maybe now, when I'm done with shows and shit like that, I'll just head to Newgrounds Dot Com and go play some games or watch some fucked-up cartoons. Sounds more like my kind of thing anyway. Honestly, I'm sick of "coming to the rescue" for others to fuck it off when I'm not even there and then I have to hear about it later.

Really, at this point, there isn't a single explanation that would work for me right now. There's not an excuse, there's not a reason, there's not a damned thing anyone can tell me that would make any sense to me.

So what did I do? Well, I kinda figured that my Cry HAVOC! Self-Defense articles weren't even being LOOKED at much less discussed. Seeing as how there used to be a lot of different sections, I kinda expected that. Since I've stepped down and vacated the board, I went it, dug out all my posts and killed that section myself. Let them piss and moan about it. I didn't get an explanation...neither will they. Turnabout...it's fair play.

The good news is that my blogs, my MySpace site and all that shit will still be up and running. At least this way, I don't have to worry about someone going in to ixnay something while I'm not fucking there.

I'm sorry I have to continue bringing you news about shit like this but I figured that each and every one of you needs to know just what it is you're dealing with before going into boards like that.

There is good news though. Now that I've found myself with the whole "NOW what the fuck do I do?" thing, there will be a message board popping up that will not have anything to do with the bullshit. We're currently planning an official website with a link to this blog AND a messageboard for you to visit and post to whenever you'd like. Primarily, the board will be a discussion board about the show and it's many offshoot projects but we'll include a host of other shit on there to make it fun and, if someone wants to come over being a dickhead, the answer is very simple...we're hiring ninja assassins skilled in the art of literally blending in with people's shadows to effectively tail then and then kill them with almighty ninja rodents of doom. That's right people, real-life, No-Shit Ninjas. I might hire some aliens like Mr. Grey to arm and man the Fuck-You Cannons and STFU Bombs while I'm at it. I'm thinkin of all kinda shit and I have all kinds of things in store for you.

Let's face it...I've got to occupy my time somehow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Yup,I used to LIVE on the yahoocutewomenprisoners message board and a few others....and I think I got addicted!! For real!
I'm positive you can run an awesome board......I am rushing like crazy to head to Dallas,and USUALLY make it a habit or reading your post 2-3 times,cuz I miss a point or 2...but right now I'm typing like crazy to get out the door babe.
Will be back asap.....maybe on Rayvens' laptop when I get to Dallas.
Hugggggggggggggggggs

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home