|

Monday, December 01, 2008

Episode 111: Empires Fall, A New Empyre Rises

My friends, it is with great regret that I inform you all that The Genocydal Empyre Omega will not air live until well after the new year.

I know it's beginning to sound like a lame excuse but my battle with the cable company is at it's end and there's nothing that they can (or more like "will") do for the problems that are just compounding for us.

Initially, I'd gotten the cable connection at the insistence of two people who didn't understand that "The DSL line is solid, guys, it's just a little slow from time to time" and this is what has caused the problem. I've had nothing but trouble since going to cable. Sure, it's faster but if the weather goes the slightest bit wonky, then it goes and it takes an act of God in conjunction with the Louisiana Legislature to fix it. Not to mention that fucking Billy Ray Cyrus clone they keep sending to my house is insistent that it's always my fucking modem.

Well what happened recently? Okay, let me fill you in. First we quit Darkside because I got tired of people who didn't know what the hell they were doing being scheduled after me. Some wouldn't bother adding me to Yahoo to get their count-in and others just wouldn't bother doing the show after I'd announced them. What were they waiting for? Divine Intervention? Frustration aside, I needed some time to get this thing together. We wanted to bring you the definitive version of the show but the problem was, all we had changed was the version title...that's it. We didn't have squat for interviews. Plenty of music but nothing for interviews. So I took some much-needed time off. Lord Genocyde can take one hell of a beating, smile and keep coming but Damien was getting a little sore over here and there's only so far the armor can carry you before it becomes a liability.

When we started looking at coming back, I tried linking up to do a few impromptu shows only to find that my connection wouldn't carry me. Well we did just have Gustav and Ike come through so I figured it must be something OUTSIDE. I called the cable company and the battle began. Out of the frying pan, into an inferno. Naturally, you wouldn't believe how many times I called them and when they finally fixed the problem we still had one major problem...my program won't link. My connection was running at a third of it's speed. Naturally, I was incensed at the whole ordeal and the worst part, I had a trip to Jersey comin' and I had no way of dealing with it. So, I threw up my hands...it would just have to wait.

Naturally, I'm still working on The New Jersey Chronicles as blog posts but I finally got the Cable Company (CommuniComm) to get up off their asses and get over here. I finally got a different tech and showed him what was happening. He's at a loss, I'm at a loss. I'm hoping it's just a program SNAFU and nothing else. I'm hoping that reinstallation of the program will have us back long before my projected time frame but if not...there's nothing I can do about that.

That's the bad news and now that we have that out of the way...let's get to the good news.

Some things are still up in the air and I've been hopelessly hooked on podcasts since I got my iPhone. Faction6 has some of the best I've heard to date and here's what I've come up with.

1. We Might Just Do A Free Podcast Through iTunes (For Now): Best part is, you won't need an iPod to listen...all you'll need is iTunes and then you can download us at leisure and listen at will to any show.

2. Millennium Omega is no longer going to be a segment but a full talk show in a Coast To Coast AM format. Eventually, hosting duties will be handed over to Misty and I will co-host and provide technical consultancy.

3. We're going to be using this time to get some designs for T-shirts and shit like that done through Zazzle. You can still get the "He's Lord Geocyde, Bitch!" T-shirt featuring our mascot, Mr. Grey.

4. We're turning The Genocydal Empyre Omega into a rock/industrial show with my commentary and some interviews of artists. It wouldn't surprise me if Millennium Omega did better than TGEO. Not that I'd be sore about that because, either way, I got this badboy started and Misty helped shape it.

5. We're still working on some other things being kept close to the vest right now so stay tuned.

Now...A List of Things You Don't Say In Prison:

1. Aw, hell, Hummers come in all sizes

2. So I told the nurse that it hurts like hell if you pull on it too hard

3. That didn't come out right at all!

4. So there I was, bent over and wet as hell...

5. Wanna get down on some of these nuts?

6. Aren't those my nuts you have in your mouth?

7. That's gotta be the biggest prick on the compound.

If you have any more, feel free to add them...these phrases were all used in the course of this weekend at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home