|

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Lord Genocyde Writes To Freedom

Jason Baldwin Sounded The Call...Lord Genocyde Answered Thusly:

Dear Governor Huckabee,

I thank you for taking the time out of your rather busy schedule and personal time to read this letter.
I’ve read your personal response to Jason Baldwin’s letter thanks to the West Memphis Three Support site (http://www.wm3.org) and, while I fully understand your position, I ask you to understand the position of the supporters as well.

By writing this letter, I do not hope to change your mind. It is my intention to simply help you understand just a few of the many reasons from one supporter as to why neither I nor most of the supporters are satisfied nor are we convinced that the “evidence” of their guilt is sufficient and we highly question the outcome of this case. Know, however, that I only speak for myself on this issue and not for anyone else.

My main issue with this case was the prosecution. Their case was built on local rumor, superstition and speculation. Their only piece of supporting evidence was a tape of a fragment of an alleged “confession” of Jesse Misskelley Jr. It was clear from what I had heard and read from the transcript that Misskelley wasn’t able to deliver a coherent and cohesive story with any degree of aptitude. Couple that with the fact that he had an intelligence quotient that was far below average and was, in fact developmentally challenged then the obvious fact that can be discerned from this piece of evidence is that Misskelley had a very dim view of reality, unable to tell the police even what he was doing the night of those horrific murders.

During summations, John Fogleman pointed out that, while there was nothing wrong with wearing black, listening to heavy metal music or studying the occult in and of themselves, putting all three together we would then, “See into the mind of a cold-blooded killer.” In this the overall premise that was made that anyone in West Memphis, Arkansas could do any one of these three things but putting any combination of the two or three together made that person mentally divergent and dangerous to society.

Even the murder weapon was in question. The knife which had been given to the H.B.O. film crew was presented as possible evidence. The prosecutors insisted that this massive dagger that had been found in the water behind Jason’s house was the murder weapon. I have two problems with this. First, there is no realistic way of being able to discern how long it had been in those waters and second, there was nothing on it. No blood, no D.N.A. evidence, nothing that would even link this knife to the site of the murders. For the brutal emasculation to occur on Christopher Byers (let me note that I think it’s odd how he was the only one that had that horrible atrocity take place upon him), this would take a degree of anger and precision as well as he was actually skinned in one area.
Three teenagers that these three boys didn’t know could not have committed such a crime ritualistically and then cleaned the scene up so well. Take into consideration as well that the boys would have been kicking and screaming, attracting the attention of the nearby neighborhood and possibly the Blue Beacon Truck Wash.
Now, why does all of this really bother me?

“There was an amazing lack of evidence in this case.”
-John Fogleman


Governor Huckabee, I cannot see why or how anyone can be satisfied with the outcome of this case as it stands. I was only 16 when Paradise Lost aired on H.B.O. and, since then, I’ve scrounged for anything I could read, footage I could watch, I pored over law books and consulted attorneys when and where I could on the terminology within legalese so that I could get a better understanding of what had happened in that courtroom during their trial. This trial was not based on hard evidence that was undeniable. Some former witnesses for the prosecution have even publicly admitted that they lied on the stand.

Governor Huckabee, that is perjury plain and simple if they did lie and one crack in the American Judicial System anywhere will bring the entire structure as we know it collapsing.
I
was taught at the time the documentary was airing that the burden of proof lies solely on the state to prove that the accused parties committed the crimes of which they’re accused.

I’m convinced the only thing Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jesse Misskelley Jr. are guilty of is enjoying a First Amendment right to express how different they were.
Being different, expressed or not, is not evidence of murder. Local rumor and speculation are not evidence of murder.

Governor Huckabee, the only thing I am interested in is the rights of the victims in this case to have justice and that will begin by finding the actual killer or killers. If it is ever proven beyond a shadow of reasonable doubt that The West Memphis Three are guilty on the grounds of solid, real and tangible evidence then I will apologize publicly in any way you deem fit but I will only do that if their guilt stands on solid, hard and tangible evidence, not local rumor, superstition or speculation.

Governor Huckabee, I thank you again for your time and may God bless you and guide you.

Sincerely,
Damien Cross
a.k.a. DJ Genocyde

http://www.krushradio.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home