|

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Say Hello To My Little Friends...


LittleFriendz02
Originally uploaded by lordgenocyde
I've always found building shit to be relaxing. Especially when it involves a lot of parts. If it's one thing DJs do best, it's mixes and mashups. While I've done my share of remixing songs for my own amusement, I've also decided that mixing it up with plastic robots would work too. That's why Lego Bionicles were a pure Godsend. Not only could I enjoy one of my favorite activities but I could also entertain some mental things like maybe, just maybe all of these plastic warriors had their own personality.

I'd even used a few Bionicles in some pagan ceremonies after I'd learned that a very intuitive roommate used her dolls against me. I figured fighting fire with fire would work. No shit, those bastards came through in fine style and she eventually left after having had nightmares about them.

To me, the act of simply putting them together put parts of me into them with it. Right now, they all chill on top of my computer until the day that I find the other ones and begin putting them back together. Then...the army of them will emerge and I'll post more pics of them.

I know you're probably thinking that it's silly of a guy nearing 30 to play with toys but, let me ask you...when was the last time you really wanted to do something and thought, "Naw, I'm too grown up for that." Think about that for a second. Maybe you don't have that as a void in your life at all or maybe it's so small you don't even miss it but you're still incomplete at the end of the day. The way I see it, when you have robots that look this menacing and you hope to do stop-motion animation someday...having ready-made props comes in handy. Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stimulation of the imagination through objects. It's very entertaining and it's cleansing to sort of get it out of your system. Then again, if you must laugh or you must scoff, be my guest but know that I'm completely happy doing this and you, at day's end must endure that private pain of being incomplete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home