|

Monday, December 15, 2008

Episode 113: If Necessity Is The Mother, Frustration Is It's Father

I rant. That's what I do. Things that irritate me are the things I tend to talk about the most. I don't pretend to know it all or even a little but when I speak, it's about something I know. I'm not here to bullshit anyone with anything. I don't stand to benefit from it and I'm not looking for any accolades that are not forthcoming. I just occasionally would like for some people that wish to take an active part in my life to listen to me.

I'm a pretty easy person to live with until I'm backed into a corner and then, I become a jerk. I become a jerk because, quite frankly, if I don't think someone's listening after diplomacy has been more than reasonably attempted (and I've been told that I'm unreasonably diplomatic at times) then the House M.D. side comes out. Hey, I call it like I see it and, if the truth hurts, it just sucks to be the person on the receiving end of the Fuck You Cannon.

When living with me, I've got a system set up and I do require that the system works. I can integrate just about anything into that system. Just because it's set up doesn't mean it's completely set in its ways. It's flexible in order to complete the cohabitation and make it enjoyable, if not, bearable for everyone involved.

Okay, now that we have that out of the way, let's go into what's happened.

Prior to my roomies moving in, I had a few simple requests. Chiefly among them dealt with two things that everyone would use; the computer and the entertainment center. I've got three devices; The VCR, The DVD Player and The TV. Each of these has a separate remote. All the remotes were in fair to cherry condition. Now, two out of the three are lost and none of them have battery covers. Now why would this occur?

I have few rules. Unreasonably few. I'm the type that literally holes up in my room for days on end and become a recluse because I don't particularly want a confrontation to ensue. Naturally, this is where I turn.

The rule that I had was to leave the remotes on the coffee table. Pretty simple. Keeps everything together. They're always there when you need them. They don't get lost in couch cushions. Most importantly, you don't lose batteries. Not hard to comprehend and I even went as far as explaining this part. Guess what the end result of that was.

It's no surprise that I just popped off and ranted in general in reaction to finding out that I only had the remote to the VCR left and it didn't have a battery cover. Jesus...H. ...Fucking...CHRIST!!!

I might have to put up with a lotta shit but you know what? I don't have to put up with this. So I began ranting to open air and one of the roomies took it personally. Now I'm being asked for an apology. WHAT?! I'm also having my ass chewed over ranting. EX-FUCKING-CUSE ME?

It ain't happening. They called ME when they were looking down the barrel of homelessness and I opened my home. My one simple rule got fucking disregarded and I'm expected to swallow it with a smile? Sorry, you have me mistaken for someone who gives a fuck. Cool the fuck out because it wasn't directed at you. I've had to put up with more than I care to and I'm not putting up with any more. Might seem a small matter and it is but the camel's back can only support so many fucking straws.

This one broke it's back, deal with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I know what cha' mean.Todays' economy,it takes roomates like I ALSO have to deal with to try and get or stay ahead of the freakin game...and when they disrespect the FEW simple things that are OBVIOUS already...like..hold up: You SHOULDN'T even HAVE to ask them to not tear up your shit! They should already know this! I recently had to go off about someone coming in my room while I am gone and moving my shit around or taking stuff out.I don't even want ANYONE in my room when I'm not here.I really could give a shit less if anyone bothered me while I AM HERE.I'm like you too...this is my ONLY area to sorta escape from the world.
That would burn my ass too D.
I bet if you took your stuff out and left the living area with NO TV,DVD,or VCR at ALL,then maybe someone would start looking for some damn remotes and the back to the ONE that you still have.But then that would be screwing yourself too,and that's what sux,huh?
Ohh you kill me.haha (sorry its not funny)but the "end of the Fuck You Cannon"?HAHA
Your really cute when you get mad,ya know?Maybe that's why they do it.LOL (ok...my bad)
Sounds like someone is doing OTHER irritating things too...it just all adds up after a while don't it?
Tell em' your gona take all your valuable stuff and put it in the closet if ppl don't start respecting your shit.And hellll NO! You don't owe ANYONE an apology!!
Screw that.Isn't it just like an asshole to try and turn the dumb shit around on YOU?

5:05 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Oh,that last sentence is supposed to say
"Isn't it like ppl to turn the shit around on YOU to get the heat off of themselves"
That's what I was getting at.
;-}

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home