|

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Episode 123: Angels On One Shoulder, Devil In My Pocket

This week has become hell for me. My spine and hip were out of whack again. So much was it out of whack that I went to the chiropractor to be cracked into shape on Wednesday. Why? Well, being out of whack activated a trigger point in my back that made agony legendary in Hell radiate into my right side when I twisted to my left or leaned forward to change my songs on my CD player in my truck. Needless to say...it hurt.

Wednesday night, as I'm getting over that, I notice this lethargic feeling overcoming me. Not only that but I'm popping Pepto tablets like crazy trying to keep from having to go hit the latrine every couple of hours. Use your imagination and do the math, I'm not telling. I had this tickle at the back of my throat, my chest hurt (smoooookiiiiiing, natch) and I started generally feeling like total crap. By Thursday morning, I figured I'd sleep it off and feel better. Well, I woke up Thursday evening and felt generally loaded down. It was like going to sleep naked and waking up wearing the Iron Man suit without the benefit of the servos to help you move the thing. Now, once I'm up and have dragged my behind out of bed, I'm okay. Thursday evening, I was in the bathroom and just could not get myself in gear. I figured I should go back to bed for another 20 minutes and I'd be fine but that didn't work. I slept til it was almost time for me to go. By the time I arrived at work (on time, no less...top that) I still felt like I'd been eaten by a bear and pooped off a cliff. I hung in there until roughly 10:30 p.m. I went home.

In doing this, I called Misty and spoke with her. Once done with that, I did something unprecedented...I went to sleep and slept clean through the night. On a side note, I went from smoking a pack a day to making one pack last 36 hours. I'm doing goooooooooooood. Friday morning I called my doctor only to find out, much to my dismay, that Monday Morning at 10:45 a.m. is the earliest I can be seen. Oh, great. After checking around, I've found that this nice little uberflu has been running riot since Christmas and then went into overdrive over the past couple of weeks. Normally, I'm not succeptable to flus so much as I am upper respiratory infections. The bad part is that I think I know where I got it. See, almost two weeks ago, I spent a lot of time doing hospital transport. Again, do the math.

So right now, I'm friggin' miserable. Great.

So what's been happening? Well, I've been using my iPhone to listen to Allen Carr's book The Easy Way To Stop Smoking. Yes, I'm going to make another attempt to slay that dragon once and for all. Allen's humorous and educated approach is nothing less than encouraging and motivational. If you are one who smokes and wants to quit, hit your library up and get this book or get it on CD. I've also been rediscovering some of my old tapes. Look, I spent $50 going retro, I'm gonna use it. I've also been wearing my glasses a lot more than my contacts. Truth is, with the Transitions lenses, these things have allowed me to do something I haven't been able to do in ten years...see daylight in living color without pain or irritation. Even when they don't darken, I can still see as you do and I don't have one single problem. It's worth foregoing contacts for the time being.

What's been going on with the show? Well, I could tell you but I'm going to stop at only this; we're recording for podcasts, I'm still listening to CDs for review and these podcasts will be available for release soon. How soon? Well I don't have a release date for the podcasts yet but soon...just keep an eye open. Live broadcasts won't begin until I'm moved to New Jersey and settled in. Once that happens, then I'll start broadcasting live again.

One more thing, an old friend of mine has been emailing me at my gmail address. I'd email you back but it only reaches you if you're on...whenever you're not signed on, I get my email kicked back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home