|

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year-End Review

Remote Problem Solved


Okay, let's start with the story of this big honkin' thing. First, I thought I'd solved that remote problem and let me tell you, there were moments of euphoria for me as I thought that not only was this going to be the funniest bit of roomie revenge in all history but making them use this ugly cheap-ass thing was just Karma calling me.

So I was at the dollar store when I found a $5 remote and snagged that and some batteries but when I saw this thing for $10, I couldn't resist. After I actually bought both (I'd be using the smaller one, of course) I hit Subway. I figured I'd deserved it. While I was eating and listening to Coast To Coast AM podcasts, I broke open this thing, armed it with fresh batteries and began thumbing through the book for codes for the TV.

Understand that I have a Durabrand TV from Wal-Mart and that cheap piece of communist grabasstic amphibian shit only uses the remotes manufactured by Durabrand. This was information I didn't know. I did know that the VCR and DVD player would work with this thing and that somewhere, somehow, I'd find a code on the net. When I got home, I told the roomies "Okay, good news and bad news. Good news...I think I just solved our remote problem. Bad news, I have to dig around on the 'net for a code because the book didn't have one. Let me go on record to say that if any of you manages to lose this one...none of you will hear the end of this shit."

They began to protest, trying to come up with other avenues to keep me silent in case of loss until I pulled it out...then they really began to protest. I was going to make them use that ugly ass thing. I didn't care what it cost. Fuck the dumb shit. Disrespect my shit and leave it to me to fix the problem, I'll do just that but only for my own amusement. Which means YOU will NOT be amused. I've had to suffer a violation of my inner sanctum...misery loves company and mine desperately needs entertainment.

Well, needless to say that my search didn't pan out and I had to order an actual Durabrand remote. If this TV ever goes kablooey, I'm never buying another one. Fuck Wal-Mart and the rest of them. I will get a Sony. At least the Japanese are honest about being dishonest.

So what do I think of 2008. This year had me on edge in a political sense. I thought we were going to either end up with Bush pulling another 9/11 and suspending elections indefinitely but I'm really thankful I was wrong on that one. I also thought we were going to end up with another Clinton. Jesus...I really am happy that didn't happen. We ended up with our first half white half black president...I have to say that that's a sign of some interesting times. I finally got myself a set of wheels after years of just not having a vehicle. Seemed like that didn't make anyone happy. One day my coworkers were asking me when I'd just bite the bullet and get some wheels and the next they were bitching at me about how I picked a "great time" to do it. Gas prices were going up. You know what? Get happy about something or shut up. Sure the truck has it's little hitches but what do you expect? It's a used truck. I couldn't be happier with it really considering the shit I've done to it.

Remote Problem Solved

That silver ball on the gearshifter is a skull, and yeah, mounted to the dash is my trusty iPod jacked in to the stereo so I can listen to more podcasts. I've got my Encoder and Collide CDs up in there somewhere but I love talk radio as of late. I plan on doing some other shit to it later on as well like an onboard computer system that literally talks to me but I think I'll be okay with the iPhone (which goes in the cradle on the other side of the dash) doing all that GPS nonsense for me.

Yeah, this year has been interesting. Then there were the two hurricanes which brought very little misfortune onto me at all. Why? Well...because I'm armed now

Remote Problem Solved

Now this first little firecracker is what's called a Taurus Millennium PT111 Pro. It's a compact 9mm that shoots hollowtips. It has a second chance striking mechanism for when I get a hard primer or something like that, all steel top, composite bottom and a light pull on the trigger. Best $300 I've ever spent. Sure, I have the .38 revolver too and it's not bad but this one...well it's a little more discreet when I'm carrying it in the truck and, yes, I do pack it right next to me on the seat.


Remote Problem Solved


Ah yeah, meet this lovely little piece. The Interstate Arms Hawk Model 982 Shotgun. This 12-guage features a cylinder bore 18.5 inch barrel, matte-black steel, ghost-ring sights (like you really fucking need to aim this bastard) and that trigger...well let's just say keep your finger off of it until you're goddamn sure that you want to destroy your target because that's what this thing will do...destroy your target. No, they're not getting up and it's going to be loud. Oh yeah, and that sound that the action makes when you shift a round into the pipe...well...it transcends all language barriers. Then again so does the demonic roar of the blast.

So I became a little opportunistic and popped in a shitload of overtime to snag the first one.

This year also marked my first year as a student of CFA after achieving my certification in Post WWII Hand-To-Hand. That was a big thing for me but look, all you'd have to do is read up on all the past entries to figure that one out. This year was marked by highs and lows and all arounds. The New Jersey Chronicles are still being worked on and pictures are steadily being posted at every opportunity.

Now, let's talk Christmas. I'd post pictures but my aunt seems to think that little Annie's pictures aren't suitable for posting to my blog. In light of how well-armed I've become, I don't think that much of a problem. Child predators tend to get shot very easily and when they don't...well that's when I pay some ballbusting skinheads cartons of Marlboros per week to break them spiritually, physically and mentally. Then I let the skinheads torture them. Still, I'm not to post any of those...sorry everyone.

It snowed here for the first time in forever. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I literally got my feet wet out in it from stomping around in the slush. I took pictures of that too. I'll probably post those later.

It was a decent year for me. Nothing superlative, nothing too depressing. Just finally ripping things up.

Here's to '09...and new beginnings. AAH-OOH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I loved that remote picture!! I seen one somewhere else and thought of u as soon as I seen it.Never noticed em' till your pic.lol
Hey...this post is old...where the blankety blank are you!?

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home