|

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Episode 15: Network Brainwashing

If ever there was a shred of doubt in your mind that Mind Control exists in America TODAY, then allow me to totally shit on your precious little fantasy that everything's okay and cable TV is not trying to brainwash you. They are. It's a sinister plot and I have the total proof. All I needed was one night and bang...it happened.

I can't stand much of anything that comes out of Bravo TV. I just can't. The Real Housewives of Anywhere makes my stomach want to go into varying stages of dry-heaving, The Fashion Show makes me want to go find the first coke dealer and O.D. and all of those other reality shows make me want to take a spoon to my wrists in the hopes of committing suicide.

The only show that I could only really take and congratulate the contestants on was Top Chef Masters. These guys show that not every Master Chef has a great day. The difference between those chefs and other contestants...they don't resort to childish bullshit. I guess that's what makes them true culinary masters.

Look, it's really simple to figure out here, everyone. It's no secret that my television programming these days is about as devoid of testosterone as a symposium of nuns being catered by The Amish. I haven't seen any wrestling but one time since I've moved. I didn't get to see any once the roomies moved in in Louisiana because I had to endure (while trying to drink myself to death) I.Q.-ravaging shows like My Sweet Sixteen or some bullshit like that. I never said a word about any of it.

One U.F.C. match per week would suffice. Is it any wonder why a guy like me who doesn't care for sports doesn't mind ESPN at work?

Now, since my exposure to TV is severely restricted, I think I'm going to go with both of those networks as examples.

First, let's take ESPN. Nice call on Steve McNair...boneheads.

Steve McNair, found shot to death with an unidentified female. They mentioned he was married. I think even Nostradamus came up with a prediction to that ending.

The next day...Steve McNair was shot by his girfriend in a murder/suicide.

Why do I remember that with such clarity? Because it was run over and over and over again. Michael Jackson's death up to the minute? He's Still Dead!

Tonight, the same episode of Top Chef Masters was played, I'm not kidding, three consecutive times.

Look, let me fill you networks in on a little something mkay? I don't need to see the same thing three times in a row. It's really quite easy to understand. I don't need a network to be that repetitive...I fucking get it okay?

There's only one reason for this type of repetition and it's something straight outta Orwell's writings. Brainwashing is the name of the game.

It's the reason that mantras and other types of chants work so well. Repeat something long enough, and soon, everyone will believe it.

Am I wrong? Am I off the mark here?

Okay. In that case, if you're glued to the same show three times, then you really need to reexamine your priorities. If you see it only once and it reruns, then change the channel. I don't need it running in the background. If you visit the boards relating to those shows and you need a show reference that badly, I have two words for you...

YOU TUBE!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home