|

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Episode 16: Sound, Fury And Signal

Days at The Church have gotten better but not by much. I still have people coming in knowing full well that there are just some questions they shouldn't bother asking.

See, I have a high tolerance for ignorance but a low tolerance for stupidity. Let me just clarify the two for you so that you completely comprehend the very things that I'm going to write about tonight.

Data Transmission Available...

Definitions File Loading...

Ignorance: A state suggestive of an oblivious nature to information on certain subjects.

Loading....

Stupidity: A state suggestive of an oblivious nature to information on certain subjects willfully induced and enforced by current desire to know less than the person to whom you are speaking. (B) A belief system that one knows all but cannot perform simple tasks based on said knowledge.

Data Transmission Complete...

Okay, got that? Gooooood! Attempting to appeal to people on any sort of level sucks. Don't get me wrong, I love my job with an intensity never before experienced. I love the whole electronic aspect of my job. I get to play with shit and then deliver my sermons. We're in a pretty wealthy area but I have never met so many uptight yuppies in my entire life. Honestly, the only thing I'm not worried about is the place being robbed when I go in. The laser-guided security system goes apeshit whenever I get in thirty minutes earlier than normal. Half of the time, I find more people impeding my progress than a protest crowd at a PETA convention.

The other half of the time, I'm asking myself, "What can this bit of electron heaven do for me?"

That's when a Revelation hit me...I've been relying too heavily on the higher-end equipment. I recently came across a radio that operates by crank or solar power. Built-in flashlight, dynamo crank, AM/FM and weatherband...this one has it all and I can charge my phone with it. Not only that but it's smaller than one of those AM/FM/Cassette Players. It's one of the best "Doomsday" tools ever devised. When the computers shut down, communication from the disembodied voices will still come through because this isn't one of those digital tuners. Even the AM channels are sounding better these days.

The conversion to digital signal in radio was far better than the whole TV conversion idea. I can't remember where but I know I read that it's now required by law for people to have an emergency radio. That's fine. Too bad they couldn't do the same with radio that which they did with TV.

I spent the first night with this small device, listening to it but I already only have one problem with it, every time I turn it on, the FM rock station is playing fuckin' Nirvana. Not that I don't like Nirvana but don't you think that's a little spooky? Each time I've turned it on or tuned into the rock station, Nirvana plays.

I also tuned in to AM Radio for a little while. I now know I can get on the air but I'm going to be confrontational about it. I had to listen to this real numbshit broad drone on and on ad nauseum about how marijuana is a gateway drug. She was literally going Chapter And Verse Biblically speaking, illustrating how evil marijuana is. Oh, it's a gateway drug and it's ooooohhhhh so addictive. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what the fuck ever.

I'm sick of these idiots on my airwaves trying to pass on that bullshit to me. Okay, but I'll bite this old hook. It's first-term Clinton Programming anyway. It should be rusty enough to be brittle. I've smoked it on several occasions and never felt an absolute need for it. The cancer rate this woman droned on about was one I could have taken her on with shit right off the top of my head. It was very obvious that this woman was only using the marijuana issue as a moral argument and that was another point. I want to know every deviant act she's ever done through her life from others who have known her objectively. I guarantee her moral standing is actually lying the fuck down. She's already lying about marijuana and not conducting the studies herself. Aside from being irresponsible, she's also dishonest and telling people what they want to hear. The blind lead the stupid and you can only get that on her show which is a radio equivalent to Darwin's Waiting Room.

Remember, those who despise people who are involved in a spiritual belief system of any type and I'm only offering this. Don't blame me for what you hear on shows like that. Obviously, this woman has been hurt. Someone wouldn't share their stash or she's never done it enough to know what the benefits are and I implore everyone to feed her a batch of hash brownies to show her that it's possible to use it without smoking it. That was her only focus was the smoking of it.

Such primitive concepts were what built this world. Sure, in the world of communications, the radio was the first news center, the first entertainer. It was a pioneer and it was innovative. The only problem was that it was never interactive until hosts started taking mail, then phone calls and now, the 'net has taken over but, sometimes, the old standby works when the new technology craps out.

Communication was what the first radios were all about. Getting word out without having to wait for a hard copy newspaper written by elitists. Now we have the news read to us by elitists. Sadly, it's not enough. I still love radio. Radio will serve us in order to keep us from being total dumbasses if we just listen to it if we can put some voices of dissention on the air once or twice.

This is where the 'net triumphs and always will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home