|

Monday, August 17, 2009

Episode 18: What Caused The Fall of The Empyre?

The Emperor His Own Bad Mothafuckin Self Did.

That's right, folks. The Genocydal Empyre is gone. Dead, gone, fallen, forever. It's all over. We're hanging up the whole damned mess.

Now the question that has been on some minds. Why?

We all felt it was time to move on. The Genocydal Empyre and it's subsequent versions (2.0, 3.0 and Omega) had become a living, breathing thing and it was just too damned big for us to do anything with it.

When I moved out of Louisiana, I vowed that it would be time to start a new life. It was time for a new adventure and I launched without too much in the way of hesitation. Lots of elements of my old life went bye-bye on the road.

First among them, I don't live in a house where I can get completely loud and blast off like I used to. I'm in this cube with paper-thin walls. I'm sure the dude upstairs won't mind, he has pretty good taste in music. The dude across the hall wouldn't exactly care either but I'm sure our neighbor above him might mind a bit and, as is the unwritten rule of larger cities. you don't step on anyone's toes and you stay out of each others' way.

The Genesis of The Genocydal Empyre was a culmination of talk radio shows that I'd been doing and rock shows that I was convinced weren't being done the right way. I wanted to do everything my way...even if only for self-entertainment. I never thought so many of you would be on board and I was not only surprised by your support but I was honored. For all the bands out there who hopped onboard this one-way bullet train to hell, I thank you for believing in us and giving us the opportunity to support you. I found a lot of you worked your asses off and made far superior music than any corporation has ever pushed. For all the listeners who returned and continued listening to my tirades, thank you. It's because of you that The Genocydal Empyre was as successful as it was.

For bands and listeners alike, I hope that your support will continue. Yes, The Genocydal Empyre is over but that doesn't mean a damned thing because we will be unveiling a new project just as soon as we start ironing out details.

As promised, the only detail that we have is that the show will no longer be a live show but will be a podcast instead. The Genocydal Empyre could not be scaled down to podcast level without becoming the biggest disappointment in 'net radio history. I'm simply not leaving you with something low-quality. I brought you only the best music on the internet complimented with the best talk topics and the best weird news. There's no damn way in hell I'm going to try to shrink it down. The Genocydal Empyre was all about shooting it's ever-open mouth off into space.

The way I figured it, it was just time to grow up and bring it back down to earth.

Don't worry, when it comes to the podcasts, we'll still have all the same shit you've come to love about The Genocydal Empyre but we'll be improving on what we did best and that was have fun.

So, stay tuned. Keep your eyes and ears open and let's see if we can't do better than what we did before.

Again, thanks to all of you for your continued support and I hope to see you guys sooner, rather than later.

Sincerely,
Damien V. Cross, formerly Lord Genocyde
Night City, NJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home