|

Monday, October 11, 2010

Burning At The Stake: Joey Styles

Joey Styles, for the uninitiated, was the color commentator for the original ECW Televised matches. He's irritated most everyone around him including Executives at the WWE and has actually had the nerve and gall to quit, stating that he hated sports entertainment in general AND criticized the WWE over their "lack of wrestling."

Tonight, he posted the following on Twitter:

"Zack Ryder reminds me of MTV's Jersey Shore. By the way, who do you think is dumber, Jersey Shore's Ronnie or whomever writes TNA?"

For anyone who's bothered reading and actually comparing facts, I'd consider this rich coming from someone like him.

Styles has officially lost all credibility with me. For anyone who thinks that this guy might have retired, I beg to differ. He's been under contract with the WWE as Director of Digital Media Content and he hosts some ECW Throwback show on WWECLASSICS.com. His contract is due to expire in November of this year.

My advice, Styles, have a little pride and dignity...do the honorable thing...bow out and let your contract lapse.

Styles, the fact of the matter is that whatever sport you follow, whatever team, whatever player, whatever the stats...it's for one thing...entertainment. If you're so bothered by sports entertainment then you have no damned place in the WWE and I'd be willing to bet that you applied to TNA and they rejected you. So you got spurned, suck it up and be a man and rise above it. Fact of the matter is that you lie time and again and I can't fault anyone for being loyal to money but what I can fault is someone who lies about it.

Styles, what you have done is cheapened sports entertainment and having the gall, the nerve to say that TNA's writing is dumb? Comparing it to anyone on the Jersey Shore? Are you serious? The WWE is only a superior product if you're a kid and last I checked, I just celebrated a birthday...number 32. That means I'm an adult. I can handle violence and for you and Vince McMahon to continue to look out for my sensibilities by assuming that I will just keep chasing a polished turd makes you the worst kind of offender. Have you guys been having board meetings with Steve Jobs? I've noticed a lot of Apple Computers hanging around the sets prior to my walking away from WWE altogether and vowing to myself to never lay eyes on that pile of monkey crap again.

Styles, not that you'd listen as is habit with most of the names in the WWE that aren't in the ring
but when the fans aren't happy, pretty soon, the company will begin to fail. Those that are sitting there just nodding and agreeing with you, guaranteed, never bothered with the WWF during the Attitude Era. You have customers and you're in a unique position to at least make an attempt at making them happy but I know one thing, your constant potshots at TNA mean only one thing...TNA is what it is...a genuine threat to the WWE. Sure the venues are smaller but they emphasize quality over quantity. Make sure that gets back to Vince. Taking a million-dollar shit doesn't make it stink less and the stink's name is Joey Styles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home