|

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Burning At The Stake: The Stop Bullying Campaign

I want each one of us reading this to close our eyes and think...not now, Geez! AFTER I post the first part, mmmkay?

Okay...get this locked into your mind. Remember the time you were a kid. There was always someone shoving you, punching you in the shoulder, wouldn't leave you the hell alone and just plain, mean-spirited. Maybe their old man kept bullying them but whatever their reason...they decided that YOU looked like an easy target. Maybe they took your lunch money. Maybe they kept pantsing you in gym class. It doesn't matter what it was they did, you know one thing...it was wrong.

Now, think of all those feelings that you experienced. Remember the pain, the shame, the humiliation and the anger. I know that's a lot of negativity.

Now close your eyes and think on it awhile and when you open your eyes...scroll down a little further...




































Ready for the good news...You're Still Alive. Maybe you're a tougher person because of it. Maybe you, whatever the case, YOU got past it and it's over. Isn't it?

Yeah we were all bullied at some point and I've taken my pledge to stop the bullying but let me tell you how I, The Genocydal Maniac is going to do it. Let's run down the list, shall we?

No, wait...shit. I shouldn't start with that, should I? Nah. Let me take you through the anatomy of a bully. I'll show you what it is. I'll take you on a guided tour and I won't get fancy with it. I'm sure Misty can give you the psych profile of one of these assholes but I'm not so forgiving with it so let's go with part one.

Anatomy of A Bully:

A Bully is about the same as a Terrorist, A Criminal, An Extortionist...it doesn't matter what you call it. They all want only one thing, Control over YOU and your actions. That's pretty much it. A bully will do any and everything to get that control...until they start running into serious trouble getting what they want. A bully wants it easy and they won't try taking it if it isn't easy.

Wasn't hard to figure out, was it? Pretty easy to understand. They're scumbags. They're lower than swine. They're filth. They are absolutely, positively...(damn, how can I put this) fucking shit and they'll garner no sympathy from someone like me.

Now...I come with a plan. I'm not here to sit here and just rant about problems, I came to offer solutions. Before I reveal my plan, I'd like to identify a problem.

You see, bullies also do something else. Sometimes, they'll start by suggesting that you do what they say for the good of everyone else. Oh it's sooooo much better if you just don't say things that you have a right to say. Oh, it's not good for you to say such negative things about someone or it's never right for people to ask YOU to give up your power but, isn't it funny that the Stop Bullying Campaign promises to do just that. Don't believe me? Let me show you how this campaign asks you to handle bullying from Their Own Website!

How to deal with bullying:

  • Tell your parents or other trusted adults. They can help stop the bullying.
  • If you are bullied at school, tell your teacher, school counselor, or principal. Telling is not tattling.
  • Don't fight back. Don't try to bully those who bully you.
  • Try not to show anger or fear. Students who bully like to see that they can upset you.
  • Calmly tell the student to stop...or say nothing
    and then walk away.
  • Use humor, if this is easy for you to do. (For
    example, if a student makes fun of your clothing,
    laugh and say, “Yeah, I think this shirt is kind of
    funny-looking, too.”)
  • Try to avoid situations in which bullying is likely
    to happen. You might want to
    • Avoid areas of the school where there are not
      many students or teachers around.
    • Make sure you aren't alone in the bathroom
      or locker room.
    • Sit near the front of the bus.
    • Don't bring expensive things or lots of money
      to school.
    • Sit with a group of friends at lunch.
    • Take a different route through hallways or
      walk with friends or a teacher to your classes.

...are they serious? Do they honestly think that any of this will work? I can tell them from experience...it won't make one iota of difference.

I could run down this litany but let me sum it up. You're running around ducking places and paths that you have every right to walk through. You are restricted. You aren't going places or doing things or enjoying life because, in order to stop the bullying...this group believes you should give them what they want.

Well, I'm here to tell you if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. Sure, this group may be well-intentioned but understand that once they encounter resistance, they will resort to bullying themselves, making those that will not conform out to be bullies themselves and possibly even nothing more than primitive brutes.

Allow me, The Genocydal Maniac to lead this gang of thugs, ruffians, scum and villainy by presenting my master plan for A Genocydal World Order.

First, walk where you want...when you want.

Second, fear no one.

Third, take up a tested and proven course of study in self-defense. Pick the most brutal and vicious and easy-to-remember techniques...and never hesitate to use them when you find yourself confronted by a situation for which there is no perceptible way out. If there is no alternative, make sure...make damned sure that they never forget that they dealt with an explosive and unstable package. Make sure the scars they bear remind them each and every day of it.

Fourth. NEVER let ANYONE take YOUR right to anything. You have rights...exercise them on a daily basis.

Fifth. NEVER let ANYONE CONTROL YOU. Simple as that. The very moment someone wants control of your life, question it and question it fully.

Sixth. Remember that Bullies do not have control of their own lives...what makes you think you'll benefit from them controlling you.

Seventh. Remember that when you are in a state of terror or fear you will do things that you otherwise wouldn't do. If you won't do it when you're not under duress, don't do it when you are.

Eighth. Give a bully hell every time you encounter them. I'm not saying do it unprovoked. But the first shoulder check you get...give a full reciept. Next time, if they're not crossing the street when you walk their way...something didn't gel in their minds the first time.

Ninth. Think of bullies like a cancer. How often does cancer just go away if you ignore it?

Tenth and final. Consider all avenues. Yeah, I'm talking the Stop Bullying Campaign's suggestions, mine and anyone else who might have survived one of those experiences and do one thing....Find What Works For YOU and stick to it.

The number one secret to winning any fight you might find yourself in is just not to get into one in the first place. If you can't get out of it by avoiding it...Show them Hell and Show The No Mercy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound advice for most - but, unfortunately, not all. I knew a guy who fought back - and got brought up on assault charges for it. Why?

The guy was gay and with his boyfriend. The judge figured that the guy provoked it by holding his boyfriend's hand in the parking lot.

Granted: when the bully showed up later to pull the same stunt, the guy spun up and said, "I went to court. How 'bout I make the second run worth my while?"

His boyfriend didn't do so well - got "outed" by the whole incident and, last I heard of the tale told, wound up attempting suicide.

This was maybe back in '98...long before the whole gay political stuff started evolving...so I've no idea how things are handled today.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home