|

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Episode 47: Lock N' Load (Matt Hardy And Other Musings)

I've been burning quite a bit the past few days. No, not out of anger at the world of sports entertainment but because of a fever brought on by one hell of a virus. The virus is gone but it's effects are still being felt. Give ya an idea of how bad it is...I'm on a friggin' inhaler but that's helping me like nobody's bidness so let's get on to bidness shall we?

Five days ago, Matt Hardy, one of the most daring and sick wrestlers (I use the word "sick" in a double entendre...you can figure out which two) I have ever had the pleasure of watching was officially released from his WWE Contract.

I have only two words for that: Thank God!

It's about time they quit shelving the guy. I mean, seriously, did the WWE think they could just keep him mid-carded and happy? No doubt, Matt's had plenty to thank the WWE for but I am not so forgiving. Matt has shown himself far more than capable both on the mic, cutting promos that range from hilarious...to downright disturbing and in the ring. I hope you didn't miss the feud between Matt and his brother Jeff at WrestleMania XXV. Matt showed the world that, while adoring his fans, he could be a believable villain. Did I say believable? I'll be honest, I thought that Matt and Jeff were on the outs...permanently. I watched the news for something of a courtroom battle between Matt and Jeff through TMZ that might involve tables, ladders and chairs. That rivalry had only one word to describe it's proportions; Biblical.

I'm digressing big time here. Now there are people screaming at him to head over to TNA. Chill out everyone...might be a little too soon. The guy got himself whipped back into shape and has basically rebuilt himself and called the Six Million Dollar Man a "wimp" while smirking at Chuck Norris in true trademark Matt Hardy Style in so many actions. Let's hang tight a little bit. I think Matt's earned the right to hang back. To be honest, I completely dig checking out The Hardy Show on YouTube when I have an opportunity. Why? Well you get to see these guys without all the Hollywierd crap surrounding them. You get to see the Hardy Boyz for who they really are, a couple of brothers who have obviously come up with a strong bond with great friends surrounding them. For Matt and Jeff to have allowed fans an all-access portal into their lives...that's a pretty big honor.

Matt, I'll be honest. Whatever you decide to do, if the IWC says it's wrong, chances are, you're on the right track.

I have a couple things to say to the IWC...and they are as follows:






Okay with that out of the way, let's bring up another point of contention that I'm having.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. I don't care what you do. You can do whatever you have to and I can choose to support it or not but Linda McMahon is taking flak for the WWE's scandals and now attacks are being made on the WWE? I might be from Louisiana, and I might be from a culture steeped in the supernatural but I think even Nostradamus could have predicted in all certainty that this was going to happen.

I'm not standing up for the WWE. Sorry, that will not be happening. The McMahons don't need us. I don't live in Conneticut, I wouldn't vote for Linda if I did and I think the company coming under fire is only one thing....a long time coming.

Before I go any further, understand WWE Superstars. I see talent running all through you. My issue is the writing is terrible and all the storylines have become glossed over crap since the Attitude Era. I understand it's all PG now and that's not my beef with it, I feel I've covered what my beef is in past articles but understand, I follow a majority of you on Twitter, I'll support YOU guys but not your company. Linda's move was bound to draw all kinds of opposition and the thing that each of you could do...the smart thing...is turn up the heat. Step up your games. If the writers will allow you to do that or if you decide to go off script, you might have a prodigal fan returning. Understand that you will share this fan with TNA and that's non negotiable.

Finally let's sit down around the campfire for a moment because that's the last bit of burning my pneumonia lung is gonna let me.

Misty and I were sitting here talking and, let me tell ya how weird life can be, she voiced what I've been thinking. Does anyone who reads this remember when you could hit a Dollar Store for all kinda snacks that were bad for ya? I'm tellin' ya a Dollar General might as well have been named Stoner's Paradise. I say that because you could walk in with five bucks in your pocket and walk out with enough snacks to completely quell a case of the munchies for three days after a good smokeout. Then again, if you were just into comfort food...that was the place to go.

Think on that one awhile...what were your favorites?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home